Christmas

Well...better late than never.  Tim had all of last week off from school.  He still studied for his summer exam during the day.  I was still working, but it was nice to have him around to help in the evenings, so it felt like a break for me.  Work was slow all week.  Most of my teachers were off or working a half week with the kids.  Most of my co-workers were gone by the end of the week.  By friday I was all by myself in the office.  It made for a VERY quiet day.

I was out the door at 4 pm and headed home!  We opened gifts through Google chat with my family.  Hyrum didn't really get it but it was fun to have him play with paper.  Tim really liked the fact that he got a "years" worth of ice cream.  Some other highlights are Thor's hammer, which Tim said is not to be used to kill roaches, and Wolverine's claw.  I am excited to put it to use in the kitchen.


Saturday morning we left for Tim's parent's.  It was an uneventful ride, in which Hyrum did not fall asleep and Tim thought he was getting pulled over...so I guess it was more eventful than I thought.  Tim was exceeding the speed limit while talking with me about all the police cars around.  All of a sudden right behind us sirens turned on.  Tim's heart dropped and he started to get over.  The policeman and his buddy zoomed by so he was off the hook.

That evening we caught up and played with Hyrum and ate way to much pizza.  Tim's mom made some very tasty pizza.  She made it for him when he came down to interview in Houston and I have heard several times since then that it was delicious.  Well, I can confirm that it is very good!

Because Hyrum was the only grandchild there and not likely to remember anything we opted for a calm Christmas Eve.  Christmas morning we got up and ready for church.  We took a quick picture in front of the Christmas tree with him wearing his Christmas pajamas.  They say, "Santa's little helper."

We all went to church and then home for more pizza and a nap that Hyrum rarely gets on Sundays.  After he woke up we did presents.  We had to help him with the wrapping paper but him did some of the ripping.  He got an orange in his stocking, which it turns out he really likes.  Not only licking the skin, but we fed him some and he gulped down every piece we have him.


Hyrum enjoyed playing with the ornaments on Grandma Zimmerman's tree.  She put some soft ones on the very bottom that it didn't matter if he took off and played with.  He enjoyed pulling off and sucking on those.  

 The rest of Christmas day was very calm and quiet.  We had a tasty ham dinner and called it a night.  It was nice to just be able to go to bed and know we didn't have anything pressing happening the next day.  Monday we went out hunting for some clothes for Hyrum.  We found some good deals, which makes me happy!  Tim and I went to a stake house to celebrate our anniversary.  Hyrum stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa Zimmerman and played and took a nap.  When we got in the car, if felt really weird leaving without him to go on a date.

Tuesday we came home to Houston, but not before getting the chance to meeting an uncle and some cousins that I have never met.  We said our goodbyes and headed out.  This time Hyrum did take a nap.

Today was spent getting Christmas put away and me working on my list.  I have a goal to go through every room and clean and organize it.  I have little piles all over the apartment that I want to take care of while I have some time.

As for Hyrum and his milestones, I think we can say he has dropped his 2 am feeding.  He wakes up a couple of times a week, but we just help him back to sleep.  I have enjoyed the extra sleep, but find that more times than not I will wake up any way out of habit.  We have also started working on dropping his dream feed at 9:30 pm.  Last night he made it through the night with out it, which made it a grand total of 12 hours of consistent sleep.  We were very happy about that.  He seems to be figuring out the sleep thing.  Now we just need him to take a nap that last longer than 45 minutes and we will be set!

He has become a chatterbox.  He has discovered how to project and loves to do it in my ear.  He is still doing the army crawl, but has learned how to pull himself over legs.  He loves to walk around with our help and more and more starts to fuss because he wants us to help him walk instead of crawling.

That's about all from us.  I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

Comments