New tricks!

There was sickness in our house this week.  Mainly it was me struggling with a cold.  It lasted for the better part of the week.  I am on the mend and wishing I would have taken a sick day.  Hyrum's health is holding...all week I was crossing my fingers that he wouldn't get sick.  It is looking like I might get lucky!

We had a couple of hard nights of sleep for him.  It seems like we take one step forward and two steps back with him.  He still wakes up around 2 for a feeding and then at 5 am.  He woke up several times earlier than that, which means I didn't get sleep.  

Tim had another soccer game this week.  His team did well.  We couldn't go, because his game was later in the evening.  He continues to study hard for his exam, while fitting in working with the missionaries.  This week will be another busy one for him with school and work. 

On a more positive note, this week seems to be a week of learning new things.  He has started just pointing to things.  It is really cute to see him point like he wants to go somewhere or just make sure we are seeing what he is seeing.  He is getting really good at pulling himself up.  This week he figured out how to get on all fours to sit.  This weekend we found his sitting in his crib when we went to get him after naps and in the morning.  He does seem proud of himself.


He still won't crawl on all fours.  Tim and I both think he is just too fast with the army crawl and Hyrum wants to get places fast.  He has started letting go of one of our fingers to reach for a wall, toy, or to transfer to supporting himself.  Tim discovered on Sunday that he can hold himself up for about 5 seconds before falling.  The shoes help him stay up.  He also had chicken all week for dinner and really likes it.  We would put chunks of chicken and vegetables on his tray and he goes right for the chicken.  

We had a funny experience at church on Sunday.  Keeping Hyrum quiet during the sacrament has been a new challenge for us.  We have started giving him Cheerios, which helps, but he would rather be moving.  Well, we sit in front of an elderly couple.  The husband served in the Navy for years...too much artillery fire makes for hearing loss.  Typically, we hear..."What's going on?  I can't hear ANYTHING!" He usually says it during a very quiet moment during church, so everyone can hear him.  Well this Sunday, he said in a not so quiet voice, "You sure do have a busy one!"  I thought he was making reference to Hyrum getting up and down from the bench and shaking his Cheerio container.  I learned I can no longer keep my eyes closed during the sacrament.  I looked for Hyrum and he had made his way down to the end of the bench and was playing with a bag of another couple.  He was just laughing and giggling with them.  I just shook my head...Hyrum is the best fellowshipper in ward and has more friends than we do!

That is about all from us!  Until next week.


Comments