Rodeo Houston

Well...it is that time of year again...the rodeo is here.  Traffic hasn't been that bad, but we have had a large amount of rain for the past several days and Texas aren't that dedicated to the rodeo to brave the rain.  For at least we don't live at our old apartment, because that would be really bad.

Tim finished up a week of finals.  He did well on all the ones he has a grade for.  I am sure he did just fine for the others.  He taught new member lessons last week and helped a family move.   Last week he also had his soccer tournament.  They won every game, but lost the last game...to the dentists.

This week is radiology week, where the students learn all things radiology and then are tested on it at the end of the week.  Tim is required to be on campus in class from 8-5.  Being on campus isn't bad, but going to lectures is something he doesn't usually do.  This university, I am sure others as well, records all their lectures and posts them for students to watch.  He watches the lectures later a double speed.

I am sporting another cold.  I woke up early this morning to feed Hyrum and my throat was very sore.  Tim had it before me, so I blame him!  Work continues to move forward.  I did some visiting teaching this week.  Currently, I have more work than I can keep up with, but hopefully with teachers on Spring break, I will be able to catch up.  Saturday was a busy day.  Hyrum had a play date with another baby.  Her family was moving, so she spent some time with us.  We also had a birthday party that we went to of another little girl in our ward.  Kids really didn't get it, but when your 3 things like that don't really stick.  I taught sharing time on Sunday.  Senior primary went great, but I really struggle with junior.  The last couple of times I have taught, I feel like I have not been able to get my simple message across.  I continue to make adjustments and hopefully as the new sunbeams get a little older that things will smooth out.

Hyrum is doing well.  He has been getting better at putting himself back to sleep between 11-12 at night and sometimes he doesn't even wake up.  We are down to one feeding in the night, but he has also extended his time between bottles to 3.5-4 hours during the day.  I have been letting him taste test our dinners and have discovered that he likes pretty much anything.  We are getting to the point where he looks for the "adult"food.  He points to his bowl of food and swats away the baby food.  I made a white bean soup for dinner this week and I gave him some of broth and beans and he loved it.  I also made him baby banana muffins, which he loves.  I think I am going to experiment and put other fruit in it to see if he will take it...I am sure he will.  I guess I should be grateful he is such a good eater!

Big news...that tooth that I have been saying is coming in for the last 3 months...well it's here!  I felt his gums last night and felt the sharp edge of a tooth.  Hopefully, by the end of the week we will have a tooth on the top.  If it is anything like his bottom teeth, the second tooth isn't too far behind.  Big milestone for him...he can climb stairs.  He likes stepping on things like curbs, but yesterday at church Tim took him to some stairs and climbed right up like it was nothing.  I guess Hyrum did it 10 different times...so it's a thing for him.

He continues to get into everything.  This is just a picture of one of his favorites...my purse.  I am always surprised at his reach.  Some how he manages to grab things even when I have set them far back.  If he can get my purse he will be looking through it in no time flat.

I think his first word will be dad.  Tim has been working very hard with him.  Every day he plays a little game where he points to himself to say dada and then to Hyrum to say his name.  Hyrum started repeating after Tim.  He still doesn't know what he is doing, but he is on his way.

Until next week!

Comments