Beach Day!

Really the whole week was just making it to the weekend!  It's the time of year where everyone starts dragging because of Spring fever.  Work and school continue to go well...but it's just that time of year.  Luckily, we didn't have daycare for Hyrum on Friday, so I had to take the day off.  We found out afterwards that Tim had family coming down for their Spring break.  We made it a day at Galveston.  It was pretty much perfect, except I didn't wear my swimsuit because I thought I would just be wandering the beach with Hyrum.  But, he LOVED the water!  He walked right up to the water the first time and started squealing.  For the rest of the day, we had to be careful because he would start crawling towards the water.  
                                                    
It was exhausting, but fun.  The other less than perfect part was my gnarly sunburn.  Luckily, it is almost brown and not rubbing against my shirt or pants.  We headed to Tim's parents for General Conference afterwards and took the ferry, which is always fun.


We spent the rest of the weekend with family and enjoying conference.  Hyrum had never met these cousins and he seemed to get along well enough for a baby.  Probably Hyrum's favorite part was the stairs.  I don't know how many times he crawled up.  We struggled to get him to go down on his stomach.  He likes taking steps like an adult.

This was our first official conference with a child we had to watch.  Last time he slept through each one, but we took turns watching him.  It wasn't as bad as I thought and I was able to get some things out of conference.  I did feel like they talked a lot about teaching the gospel in the home and making sure as parents we set the example and provide the atmosphere for our children to learn and grow.  Perhaps it's just the season I am in, but those words sunk deep and now Tim and I need to step our game with Hyrum.

As for developmental milestones.  We think he is starting to say his first real words.  Bye, bye is one that he has kind of been doing, but last week we saw it more consistently with the wave.  We also think he is saying book and ball.  Those words sound different when he is referring to each.  He is also starting to show us what he wants.  When he is hungry he will go over to his chair.  He will also bring his shoes to us when he wants to go outside or go to his stroller when he wants to go on a walk.  He also went through another growth spurt last week.  I couldn't believe how much food he packed away.  If he keeps is it up, I am going to have to get another job just to feed him.

That is all from us.  This week will be busy again.  Tim has a conference this weekend in Austin, so Hyrum and I are going to tag along and check it out.  The great thing is we are getting paid to go!

I think that is all from us...until next week.  And hopefully we will have news about what is going on with our Stake.

Comments