1 Year Old

He has officially made it to one year of life.  It is crazy to think that one year has gone by so fast.  But, let's start off with the boring stuff and end on a good note.

Tim had exams and studying all week.  I had work.  Things have been quiet for the both of us.  We don't have callings or home and visiting teaching assignments.  It's kind of nice to not have anything pressing besides normal life.  

Tim has six more test to go.  He has done well, but is ready to be done.  He is still trying to balance studying for the STEP exam, which is right around the corner.  I feel like we need a countdown!  He played a game of racquetball with another student and fit in some time at the gym...one can only study for so many hours.

The school year is almost finished.  After this week I should be done with the majority of my teachers.  I have already exited most of my teachers, so I can not nearly as pressed for time as I usually am.  I actually get a lunch!

Okay...now for the good stuff.  He is 1!  Because we didn't have a ton of time on Thursday to dedicate to him, we only did presents and the park on his birthday and we saved the special food for the weekend when I could get a chance to cook.  I almost didn't get a 12 month picture.  I could not get him to hold still and look at me at the same time.  But, here you go.  Cute as always!



Since going outside is his thing, we took him to play at the park.  I wish we lived in a better area for playing outside, because he would probably spend all day outside exploring.  He has started bringing his shoes to us as his signal that he wants to go outside.  Once we get his shoes on, he goes right to the door.  Now that he is walking he enjoys more than the swings.  He likes the swings, but after a while he just wants to explore everything else.


We had a phase of him saying lots of different words, well lots for his age.  Now everything is dada, including me.  When he sees Tim he says dada then he looks and points to me and says the same thing.  He has also started letting us know when he isn't happy.  He does then by going limp, throwing his head back, and crying.  The worst is when he realizes he is going to get his diaper changed, but he also doesn't like to have any book or toy taken from him or when we take something away that he isn't supposed to have.  Tim said it right, "Yeah, I don't like this phase."  Enough said!

He no longer is eating baby type food of any kind, minus the freeze dried fruit.  If it is even close in texture he won't eat it.  Church is tricky, but we had a win yesterday with pancakes and a banana.  I made pancakes for breakfast and he LOVED them.  I packed some for church along with a banana and some other snacks and it was a peace of cake to feed him.  We made it through most of sacrament meeting before he needed to go out.  Now if we could only get him to take a nap...

Saturday I went to help do a deep clean on the church.  They don't have anyone in charge that really knows how to clean, so it is gross.  It looked and felt better after we were all done.  I went home and got started cooking. I made a veggie pizza and banana chocolate cupcakes in honor of his love of vegetables and bananas.  He enjoyed the pizza, and didn't know what to do with the muffin at first.  Once he figured out how to take a bite he loved it!  He ate a good portion of it before making a mess.


I think that is everything new with him...oh wait!  We found out that he can climb up on the pews at church.  He just pulled himself up and it surprised the both of us.  Climbing will be an adventure!  I think that is all now.

Happy May!

Comments