Family Reunion

As usual, I didn't get many pictures.  I didn't have my phone on me most of the time, so I couldn't take many pictures.  I did get a few funny ones.  But, let me back up and start from the beginning.  Monday was a holiday, so we spent it together, which is always a plus for us.  Tim studied for a bit and then we just played with Hyrum.  Tuesday was a normal day with work and school, but we were also getting ready to leave on Wednesday for Kansas.

Wednesday started early.  We set our alarms for 4:45 am...yeah...that's early.  I woke up a little after four and couldn't get back to sleep, so got up and started getting ready.  It turned out to be a good thing because Hyrum woke up at 4:30 for some reason.  He never wakes up that early.  It put us a little behind because we were expecting to get loaded without a baby.  We did manage to keep him happy for a bit before we left.  I guess we all get a little silly at five in the morning!


He was able to take a little nap in the car and was ready for action!  He did well in the car.  He never cried, but he was really unhappy sitting for so long. We took a short break in Oklahoma to let him run.  The only traffic we caught was in Houston and Dallas, so it was smooth sailing all the way to Kansas.  We did find out why he woke up...another tooth came in.  I was feeding him lunch and saw the tooth.  He now has four on the top and four on the bottom.  

I always love Kansas!  We had plenty of rolling hills, trees, and grass to look at while driving.  The weather was great.  Everyone kept saying it was too humid, but it felt great to us.  Traffic is perfect, even in the bigger cities.  When we finally got to the hotel, we had enough time to grab dinner and then fall into bed.  It had been a long day.

Hyrum did well sleeping in a crib.  The last time we were in a hotel it didn't got so well.  He ended up in bed with us all night.  He tends to take up enough space for two and makes a king size bed feel small.  We woke up normal time, because habits die hard for us.  The whole family went down for breakfast at about the same time.  So it was fun to eat and chat with cousins who I hadn't seen in a long time.  Thursday we spent in Topeka visiting Grandma Langdon and Uncle Mike.  Mike is always good for a laugh and it was great to just spend time together as a family.

We did a Kluber dinner and ate pork tenderloin sandwiches.  The next day was a relaxing day for us.  We spent a lot of time in a dark hotel room.  Hyrum was extremely tired and took a two and a half hour morning nap and then another long nap in the afternoon.  We managed to go and look at some of Paola, before heading to another Kluber dinner at a BBQ place.  Tim had never had Kansas BBQ and I think he is a fan.  I know I am!

Saturday was the big day with the WHOLE family.  Pictures went great and it was crazy to step back and watch everyone.  It all started with grandma and grandpa and their family.  Now there is so many of us.  Kids were running around, aunts, uncles, and cousins were talking...pretty much perfect.  The dinner was great too, because it allowed us to talk more.  I can't tell you how many dropped the hint that Kansas would be a great place to be a family doctor, and I thank you for it!  I am very opened minded as to where we go for residency and after, but in my heart of hearts I would love to end up in Kansas.

We left bright and early Sunday morning.  Hyrum was a champ and slept through Kansas and most of Oklahoma between his naps.  We filled in the rest of the time with playing with hangers, brushes, and string because that's how he rolls.

We had a blast with family, and now it's back to life.  It was had to get up this morning, but we all managed to get out the door on time.  Until next week!

Comments