Summer...

It is HOT in Houston!  Well, humid is the word I am looking for.  You know it is bad if you go outside at 7 am and feel sticky.  Hyrum doesn't seemed to be bothered by it.  He will go outside to play rain or shine or really, really humid.

Last week was back to normal.  Work and study.  Hyrum did really well at getting back to routine, which is what he thrives on.  Tim continues to study for his exam.  He has a week and a half until he takes it.  I think the waiting in starting to get to him.  Some of his classmates have already taken it and I think he wishes he was done too.  But, he continues to push through studying.  He is also continuing to learn about his calling.  He stays busy at church and has plenty to do afterwards as well. I am hoping things move faster once he knows what he is doing.  It would also help if he had someone to split the load.  The ward is getting ready to do a big shift because lots of people are graduating or moving.  Maybe he will get some help!

I continue to work.  Nothing much to report.  As long as there isn't any drama and no big changes...I am good.  I am continuing to learn names of the sisters in our ward.  I learn a few more every week.  Tim and I spoke in church on Sunday.  It has been two years since we spoke in church.  He talked about baptism and I spoke on what it means to be a covenant keeper.  I think both went well.  And the stake president didn't stand up to correct us, so I think we did alright.

On to what you really want to know about...Hyrum.  He continues to grow like a weed.  He is officially in 24 month clothes and I just bought him the next size up in shoes.  He is walking better every day and hardly falls down.  He is also learning to climb up on the couch by himself without removing a cushion.  He has also shown more of an interest in playing.  He has really shown and interest in sitting on us.  Not in a lap mind you, but just on us.  He will bounce up and down on a stomach over and over and over and over.


Kicking is something that he as grown fond of.  We spent two hours walking the halls at church kicking a ball.  He would make contact with the ball and then run after it.  It was really cool to see.  He also has started trying to put blocks together.  Tim made the tower and Hyrum tried, but just ended up destroying it.


The most impressive development this week is the fork.  He hasn't really shown and interest until this week.  We help him poke his food and then he puts it right in his mouth.  I wouldn't say he has mastered it, but all of a sudden one day he wanted to start using his fork for dinner.  So, he now has a utensil during dinner and if he can use it he will.  

Wow...that's a lot.  One last story.  Tim thought I should share it.  On Sunday as I was heading to the car to go to church, Hyrum tripped and got a scrape to match his other knee.  We ran back in the house for a band-aide and we were off to church.  Hyrum was playing and talking to himself and I occasionally would glance back at him using a mirror we have by his car seat.  We came to a stoplight and I looked back at him to see him pop the band-aide in him mouth.  My heart started racing because I could just imagine him starting to choke on it.  So, put it park, whipped off my seat belt to turn around and dig it out of his mouth.  I am sure the car behind me thought I was crazy.  Hyrum wasn't phased at all by me grabbing something out of his mouth.  The light turned green and I was still parked, so I turned back around to get my seat belt on as fast as I could and we were on way to church like nothing happened.  The only evidence was a racing heart and a soggy band-aide in the cup holder.

That's the story...The End!

Have a great week!

Comments