Closed doors, free toys and worms!

It was a busy week for us.  On Monday, I officially stopped working.  I spent the rest of the week at home with Hyrum, which was really nice.  I really enjoy just being a mom.  But, there was still lots to figure out and we still have to figure out since I am not working currently.  The first thing I did was rearrange the apartment.  I put all the bookshelves in our bedroom, because it's easier to close our door then keeping worrying when it gets too quiet.  

Tim finished up his surgery rotation.  He is now on urology.  He will have long hours, but should not have any weekends or over night stays at the hospital.  He also received his STEP score, which is he was very pleased with. He worked very hard and he should be very competitive for family medicine or anything else that he might choose to try.

Hyrum discovered that it isn't cool to shut the doors to bedrooms and closets.  Several times this week I had to come to the rescue because he closed the door and couldn't see.  I guess it's a little scary.  He is very curious about everything.  He is becoming more of a climber.  I have to keep a closer watch on him, because he is getting more bold in climbing things within reach, not all of these things are safe.

We spent a lot of time outside this week.  That is his favorite place whether in the stroller or walking around.  He discovered worms this week.  We saw one crawling on the sidewalk and he went right to and picked it up.  There wasn't a hint of fear.  It made me slightly worried for the bigger things he might decide to play with or show me.

We had a doctor's appointment this morning.  Hyrum is 34 inches long and 28 pounds.  He is off the charts as far as growth.  He should be considering how much he eats.  Seriously...sometimes he eats more than I do.  Along with him getting older I have decided that is ready to begin more academic things.  He has always loved books, but this week we played with play dough and started coloring it work on hand muscle development.  He didn't know quit what to do with either activities, but after a few sessions he started to get the hang of it.  He now has art hanging on the walls.

We had a really funny experience this week.  I don't normally take Hyrum shopping with me, but I did.  He always smiles and makes people laugh where ever we go.  He saw some toys in the checkout line and started saying wow, which has become a favorite word.  A nice gentleman came up to him and was talking with him.  He left and came back with a water gun and handed it to Hyrum and said he was going to get it for him.  I tried to hand it back, but he was very set that Hyrum needed it.  I gave in and we walked out with a toy gun and Hyrum staring at it like it was the holy grail saying, "Oh!"

Tim's comment, "Wow, I should take him to campus and see if we could get tuition paid for."  If only!

Texas is still hot, but we have about one more month of the unbearable and things should start cooling off...a little, but not much.  

Comments