On Call!

Tim has really enjoyed his time in the hospital.  He seems to be doing well with the long hours.  The only downside is this week fourth year students showed up, which means less for Tim to get involved with.  He also did his first night on call.  What that means is you go in for your normal 5 to 5, but instead of going home you just stay on until about 8 in the morning.  His first call was this Saturday.  He came rolling in at about 8 in the morning, just long enough to shower, slam down breakfast and go to Bishopric meeting.  He went to bed at 6...he beat Hyrum to bed.  He will be at the hospital again tonight!

I have just been keeping busy doing the normal.  While Tim is gone a lot, I feel like I have been able to keep things going.  I did have a dentist appointment...no cavities!  

Saturday, Hyrum and I chilled all day.  Well, we didn't really chill...I am not sure that is possible in Houston.  We went out and played in the morning.  If the picture was closer you would see the sweat rolling off is little head, and that was at 8:30 in the morning.  


We also made a trip to the library and to run and errand for Tim.  Other than that we tried to beat the heat inside.

Sunday morning I noticed a molar coming in, finally!  The poor kid has been drooling and grumpy for the last month at least.  I always feel like his teeth take forever to come in once he starts showing signs.  I think I saw another one trying to come in on the other side.  It is always difficult to tell with him because he doesn't like to open his mouth.

He has been saying no a lot recently, but as much as he says no, he will also do it in the context of telling us he knows he isn't supposed to play with something.  He also wants to see everything.  Whenever I am in the kitchen he comes running over and says, "See, see."  It is also surprising that he has started giving hugs.  He has never been one to cuddle or be held, but he has started coming over and hugging a leg or he will rest his head on a shoulder.  Granted it lasts for all of 1.5 seconds and then he is off, but it's better than nothing.  He continues to practice his large and fine motor skills and explores anything and everything.  I am sure there is more that he has done, but I just can't remember it!  Until next week.

Comments