All grown up!

Tim had a great week at the hospital.  He always seems to be busy and maybe a little more than most because their patient population is mostly Spanish speaking.  He does a lot of translating because they do not have enough translators at the hospital.  He has been trying to study for this upcoming exam, but has found it to be challenging.  It is hard to believe that he has almost done with surgery.  

I really have enjoyed my time with Hyrum.  We spend time at the library every week, going for long walks, and just playing.  I find my self just laughing at him sometimes because he is so funny.  I am hoping to be able to explore Houston a little more when Tim doesn't need the car as much.  I am continuing to look for a job and trying to keep up with Relief Society.

Hyrum is growing up!  Another tooth as come in and he has decided that it is time to drop a nap.  He sometimes needs one in the morning, but if he gets more than three hours now for a nap it seems to make bedtime more challenging, not that it was every challenging before.  His word this week was key.  We have been taking care of some cats and his job is to hold their key as we walk over.  Because of the cat exposure, this week he surprised me with a little pretending.  He has a cat stuffed animal that he tried to get to take a drink and feed him with some canned food.  It surprised me for a second, but it was fascinating to watch him begin the real playing.  He has also been pretending more with his cars, which is always fun to watch.

He has always been interested in books, but this week he did really well with sitting for an extended period of time looking at books.  He is also getting better with handling them.  We have had issues with him bending the spines, which gives me a heart attack every time, but it has been happening less and less.


The biggest, big boy news is nursery!  I was asked to help during one of the sharing times.  They said I could take Hyrum in while I was helping, so we gave it a try.  Hyrum is so social and independent that I didn't think that it would be a problem.  I set him down, he ran to play and didn't give me a second look.  I went to check on him a little later and he was content playing with a toy on the floor.  He ended up staying the whole time and he cried when he had to leave.  I think it is a good sign for what is to come in the next two months.  I for one am ready to go back to Sunday School and Relief Society.

That about wraps things up here.  We're just counting down the days to cooler weather!

Comments