Cool Man!


If that picture doesn't make you smile I don't know what will!  After several weeks of my poor part getting burned, I bought a hat that I can wear outside while we are playing, because that is all we do! What would I give to have  fenced yard so that I can sit in the AC and watch him play from the window!  Thank goodness the weather should cook in a few more weeks.   

Tim had his last full week in Narnia (a.k.a Conroe).  He has a few days this week and then he will finish up pediatrics in the Medical Center.  He will be busy, but we will get to see him more.  Poor Hyrum really didn't see him this week, because Tim left before he got up and came home after he went to bed.  Tim is feeling more comfortable with this rotation, but he is ready for a change.

Mom duty this week consisted of sweating outside for multiple hours each day.  And that pretty much sums up my life, not that I'm complaining.  The only thing I will complain about is the fire ants!  They have come out in large numbers to make playing outside unpleasant.  I was bit several times this week.  One was a very large ant which caused my foot to swell.  Hyrum was bit several times as well.  I did play nurse at the end of the week, which leads me to Hyrum.

He enjoys playing outside.  He HATES to come in...notice the all caps.  We have full on tantrums when I try to make him go home.  He yells, cries, kicks, and bucks all the way home.  I am sure people think he's being kidnapped or something.  But, when you are dripping wet, red faced, plastered in dirt, and out of water...it's time to go home.  

Hyrum being the kind of guy he is, believes in equality.  He wouldn't want to let his toys feel left out or his bed, the silverware, food or anything else that he isn't supposed to touch, wants to touch, or put away, so he has a tantrum.  Everything throughout our day has an equal opportunity to be apart of a tantrum.  Personally...I don't need equality...enough said.

I will give the kid some slack, because he had two canines come in this week and it looks like the other two will pop in at any moment.  He also developed a cold, hence me playing nurse.  He was running a slight fever and now has a very runny nose.  He is on the mend, and I am glad because there was a couple of days this week when I was tempted to send Hyrum back!

He continues to grow like crazy.  I bought him size 7 shoes.  I tried on the 6 and it looked like he would grow out of it quickly, so I opted for the larger size.  He is talking up a storm and will repeat any words we say.  It is interesting to listen to him because he will try the three and four syllable words and he won't pronounce it correctly, but you can tell he is saying the word because he will put a sound for each syllable.  He continues to love his books.  He has started imitating us.  The pictures below were taken on Sunday at two different times.  Hyrum got comfy on Tim and grabbed a pillow to prop up his book.  It was really cute.    


His new thing is to relax.  Where ever he is, he will lean back and let out a solid, "Ahhh!"  It's great!

I helped make lunches for Sunday volunteers again and Tim helped muck out homes.  We are going back to our normal Sunday schedule.  I am sure they will still have work to do on Saturdays.  There have been a lot of homes help through the efforts of members this past month.  It's kind of amazing to watch people go out in mass and do good!

Here's to another week!


Comments