Busy week!

Our week was really busy and fun.  I have really enjoyed doing the little things with Hyrum now that I am home.  We started off Monday with fire inspectors coming.  Every building is equipped with an extremely loud and annoying alarm that will go off.  This has to be checked yearly.  We received notice that they would come some time between 9 and 6.  We heard the first building alarms go off a little after 9.  I was hoping they would get to us before nap time and it was looking good because they were on the building next to us at 11:30.  Unfortunately, they take early lunches.  I was more than a little sad when they drove away.  I tried to put Hyrum down a little later int he hopes that we could time it right. Thirty minutes after he went down the alarms went off and someone pounded on our door.  I was sure Hyrum would wake up, because he is a light nap sleeper.  Amazingly he slept through the alarms going on and off about six different times and he slept an hour and a half longer than he normally does.  Notice the bed hair and the big smiles.


We also had a police night where the local medical center police came with some safety tips and allowed the kids to climb in the police car and look at some other police equipment.  Hyrum got to turn on the sirens and enjoyed it.  It was a fun little outing for us.


Probably my favorite part of the week was library day.  I went on a day that I don't normally go.  By chance we showed up when story time for toddlers was starting.  So, we joined and Hyrum had his first storytime.  It is fire safety month, so the topic was firemen.  It was a lot of fun.  I have really enjoyed the library we have been going to since ours flooded.  It is a little further away, but their is a better selection and those that run the library are so nice!  Case and point...we showed up later in the week to pick something up and the lady that runs storytime waved to Hyrum, called him by name and welcomed him to the library.  I was really impressed.  


Hyrum continues to talk up a storm.  I can't keep up with the words and sounds he is learning.  He is also getting better with large motor skills.  We  have been working on jumping for a while and his jumps are looking more like jumps.  We had some melt downs this week.  My teaching has come in handy as I just walk away.  We have also been working on some blanket attachment issues, which was part of the reason for a couple of the tantrums.  It is hard to believe that he will be in nursery full time in two weeks! 

Speaking of nursery, I helped this week in the younger class because they were short handed.  Hyrum and I went in to play and he did great again.  We do have our first assignment.  They have switched to paper cups and Hyrum doesn't know how to drink out of a cup yet.  I had stepped out just before snack and when I came back he had dumped the water down his front.  So, we will be working on cup drinking. 

My highlights happened with Hyrum, so there really isn't anything new with me.  My running continues to go well.  By running I mean jogging...slowly...very slowly.  I am discovering what it means to be old and I'm not really old.  I just don't bounce back into things like I did when I was in my early 20's.  We had some stake meetings this Sunday, so Hyrum had his first teenager as a babysitter.  I am used to leaving him for daycare, but this was the first time we left him with someone other than family and for reasons other than work. 

Tim had call this week and he is moving into his last week of his pediatrics rotation.  He has enjoyed the end of this rotation more than the beginning.  I don't think pediatrics will make it on the list of things he wants to do as a career.  He will have his exam at the end of the week and then will head into fall break.  He plans on studying still, but he will be making some time to do things with us, which will be fun.  He continues to try to balance studying, being in the hospital and his calling. 

That's about all from us!

Comments