November

This year is slipping by so fast.  It is hard to believe November is already upon us.  Before we know it we will be heading into Tim's fourth year and applying to residencies.  Just don't mention it to Tim, because he is just trying to get through the next two months before thinking too much about the future. 

He is enjoying internal medicine, but there is a lot to learn and he is trying to take it all in and learn as much as he can.  There is so much to study, long hours in the hospital, not to mention church responsibilities.  The struggle is real...

We also had Stake Conference this weekend.  I was able attend with adult session, which was wonderful.  Technically, it was the high priest fireside, but they invited everyone.  We had a 70 visit and share stories to help emphasize spiritual adventures.  He talked about how life isn't fair, but along the way with an attitude of learning and tutoring from the Lord, our trials become spiritual adventures that help us grow and develop into the people the Lord wants us to be. 

Hyrum had another busy week of collecting more bumps, bruises, scratches, and ant bites.  He has a particularly bad grouping of ant bites on his back.  I can honestly say I feel his pain.  I'm not sure why, but the ant seem to like me a lot.  He continues to learn new words every day.  We continue to work on colors and numbers.  It's always fun to see him learn and grow!

Halloween for us was quiet.  We don't have trick or treaters in our complex, so we didn't have any visitors.  Hyrum and I did make some sucker ghosts to hand out to some of the kids we play with outside.  Most of the kids don't speak English, but they understand the language of candy.  Hyrum didn't really understand what we were doing.  He was more along for the ride than anything.  The rest of the week was quiet, because Tim had the car. 

My week was a little busier than normal.  The Relief Society had a huge collection of fabric.  I snagged some and decided that I was going to make a quilt.  I managed to iron, cut, and piece together everything.  Don't mind the random extra green row...it will be taken out.  I am not sure when I will have a chance to sew it, but it's ready.  As a side note, if medical school doesn't work out, Tim is going into quilting.  He has an eye for pattern design! 


I also made bread bowls for dinner.  It was an experiment that had a good result.  Both the boys seemed to eat it up.  The only downside is that you can't make a lot of bowls all at once, so Hyrum and I will be baking mid-week.  


Now, for the faint of heart...you can stop right here.  I just wanted to share a quick story from last night about the joys of living in Texas.  Tim was on call, so I was all by myself.  I was sitting on the couch when I heard the fan start to make a noise and it was concerning enough that I decided to get out from underneath the fan in case it decided it didn't want to stay on the ceiling any more.  Thank goodness I did because shortly after I moved something went flying through the air.  My first thought was, "Wow, glad I moved because I could have been beamed with a piece of fan."  Then I saw it move and realized that it was actually a giant cockroach.  Yuck!  I took me a little bit, but I was able to get enough courage to trap it and then move it to the toilet for immediate disposal.  I can handle the little roaches, but the bigger they get the harder it is to take care.  Too bad Tim was gone because he usually gets to play the hero.


Any who, another day in Texas.  Hopefully, the rest of the giant roaches don't decide they need a warmer place for winter.  Until next week.

Comments