Thanksgiving

 We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  The week went fast for us, but we enjoyed the time we had with family.  We stayed in Texas this year.  We made a quick trip to Tim's parents as Tim had to work in the hospital Wednesday and Saturday.  He has been doing the exact same thing he did last month, just at a different location.  He continues to study hard for the Internal Medicine shelf exam.  It will be in a few weeks.  I think Tim is feeling the pressure for this one, because as of right now he has switched to Internal Medicine.  It will be important for him to score well on this exam in preparation for turning in applications for residency.  It is crazy to think we are almost there.  More and more we are talking about the future, because it is coming fast!

Tim continues to try to balance being the ward clerk, a hard year in medical school, studying and everything else.  This is a hard time of year to be a clerk, because it is tithing settlement time.  After everything Tim has told me about what he has to do as a ward clerk, I'm glad I will never be one.  In a few weeks things will calm down, especially in school as he will start his easier group of rotations.

Hyrum and I had a busy week preparing for Thanksgiving.  Usually after we get ready in the morning we do one house chore like dusting.  Since we were going to be cooking and gone for part of the week, we did cleaning on Monday, went to story time on Tuesday and spent Wednesday cooking.  Hyrum did really well with "helping."  All that means is he didn't cause too much stress or mess while in the kitchen.  We made cranberry salad, rolls, pumpkin pie, and pumpkin cinnamon rolls.  Hyrum approved of everything, especially the pumpkin pie and the rolls (he called them cinnamon rolls).

We made great time in getting down to Port Neches.  Hyrum had plenty of time to play on the stairs, the piano, the exercise balls, practice opening doors, and eating.  I tell you...it's stressful when we get close to eating.  Hyrum is a ticking time bomb and you can feel the tension building as his desire to eat gets stronger and stronger the more food that gets placed on the table.  But, we should just get used to it, because I am sure it will only get worse the bigger he gets.

Tim and I went on a scooter ride while there.  Tim typically goes out on the scooter every time we visit.  I haven't gone with him, because I have a personal rule of only riding with those that have experience.  Before we left Tim asked if I wanted to go for a ride while there.  I surprised him with a yes!  I figured he had enough practice.  We had a fun time riding around looking at different parts of his hometown that I hadn't seen before.


We left on Friday to get home and the rest of the weekend was pretty much history.  I put away the fall decoration and put up the Christmas.  I was able to kind of get a picture of Hyrum.  As usual, he didn't sit still.  It's hard to see, but he has a fat lip.  He fell at church and boy did we have blood.  Luckily we only had a couple of drops on church clothes.  Hyrum hasn't been pulling at the tree which is nice.  He has enjoyed playing with the nativity.  I love how he says, "night, night baby Jesus." 

This week marks the beginning of the busy Christmas season.  We have lots coming up.  This will be the first time I am not balancing work, so I am interested to see how it all goes!

Comments