Let it snow!

Houston has had quite the end of the year.  First we have a hurricane that dumps a record amount of rain, now we have snow!  I guess this is the first time Houston has had snow since 2009.  Tim texted me early to say I needed to look outside and boy was I surprised and cold!  


Hyrum woke up a little later and it was just in time, because the snow didn't last long.  He wasn't too crazy about touching it, but it was fun to see him just look around taking it all in.  He's never really been cold, so this wasn't his cup of tea.


But, lest we forget the first half of the week, let's go back.  Hyrum spent much of the week sick.  Monday he had a fever and once that broke he was on the mend.  We spent a lot of time inside because it was so cold and because I didn't want him getting others sick.  We managed our time by playing, sleeping, reading, and trying to stay warm...man do I sound like a wimp!  

I canceled visiting teaching again this week, because of sickness and we made quick trips to library and the grocery store.  I felt bad taking him out, but milk is must at our house.  I also went to a Relief Society Activity.  My first in like a two years.  Between work, school, and Hyrum some things just don't happen.  It was a cookies exchange, so Hyrum and I made sugar cookies.  I really like the cookie exchange, because you always come away with tons of plates with a variety of goodies to give away with very little effort on your part.  

Speaking of sugar cookies.  Hyrum had a cookie date with Grandpa Kluber.  We happened to speak with them while he was eating cookies and the cookie date was born.  Hyrum ate his sugar cookie was grandpa ate his chocolate chip and all was right with the world.

Tim had his last night call this week.  He won't have another one until his last rotation some time in the Spring.  We try not to discuss the fact that he only has three more days until he is done with this rotation and five until he is done for two weeks (sorry Tim if you are reading).  He is so close to being done with the hardest part of third year.  Time is slipping by, I am sure you are going to hear that phrase or one similar to it from me a lot, because that is how I feel.  He is continues to study and study and study!  

While it may sound like he doesn't get out much...which is true, but we did go to a UT student Christmas party.  We saw Santa.  Hyrum wasn't too crazy about him.  We were able to get him to give Santa knuckles and take a pig stuffed animal.  He loved playing in the balloon room and stealing cookies from the tray, which happened to be the perfect height for Hyrum to reach up and snag one.  He may have been sick for a week, but I think he was also growing because I find myself pushing things back further than I thought I needed to.  


 This week we should be back to our normal Hyrum routine...thank goodness! I am also going to be busy on the weekend helping with the ward Christmas party.  I am cooking about 20 pound of meat and then helping to set things up.  Here's to a great week with no sickness!



Comments