Little boy dreams coming true!

Life is back on track.  Tim started his dermatology rotation and has enjoyed it so far.  It is three weeks long and each week he is at a different location.  I am enjoying this semester because he was home before 5 every day this week.  It rarely happened when he was on surgery.  He ended his week by coming to me and saying, "Can I stress you out?"  That is never a good sign for me.  It turns out he really likes dermatology.  Only time will tell if this becomes part of our future.

With this rotation he has a little more time to do other things like playing with Hyrum, serving and doing he calling.  He was able to go in on a week night and help the bishop with some clerking and he helped a family paint their home in preparation for moving.  He was able to snag a prize for Hyrum, which led to some serious playtime.  

May I present...the bicycle...


Boy howdy does he like it.  He can't properly use it, but he sure likes to sit on it as one of us pushes him.  Usually, he insists that Tim does it.  I guess he is just a better bike pusher than me.  I thought it was funny, because the next morning as I was going to go get him, I heard him say bicycle over and over.  I guess he was dreaming about it all night.

Hyrum and I were home this week, because Tim needed the car to get to his rotation.  It's alright because it was really cold here.  We were down in the 20's in the evening, which I think classifies as cold.  Not as bad as some areas in the US, but for us it was cold.  We managed to play outside some, as well as create a new game that has become a favorite.  We call it "chase."  As you can tell, this game involves a lot of chasing.  Usually, I am running after him as he runs around the couch over and over.  I occasionally will catch up to him to tickle him or I will disappear into his bedroom to hide.  It's funny because he hasn't quite figured out the idea of going to look.  He stops to listen for me, but often will start playing something else until I make a noise and he comes to find me.  This game involves a lot of squealing, laughing, and the occasional screams, which doesn't help our cause to teach Hyrum to use soft voices.  He naturally has a loud and fun personality, which tends to scare other children that are more quiet.

Another game we discovered this week was sandcastle.  I have started checking out nonfiction books for Hyrum to look at from the library.  He has officially graduated for the board books!  I found a castle book that had some fun pictures.  We happened to be outside with his bucket and sandcastles was formed.  I was not prepared to be out there for an hour and a half squatting.  I'm not sure how he does it for so long, but eventually I had to drag him away; mama's legs were getting numb.  I am sure he would have stayed longer if I would have let him.    

It should be another normal week for us...which is a good thing!

Comments