Deciding what to wear is tricky!

Another week for us with a rain and sunshine mix.  Poor Hyrum is confused with the weather.  He has been wanting to wear his heavy hat and gloves when it is 70 degrees.  It is really cute to watch him try to put on clothes.  He is getting to the point where he wants independence and to do things himself.  He has been practicing with his shoes and shirt.  The shorts and pants are still foreign.  


Hyrum and I went to story time this week.  It was a lot busier than usual because there was a visiting school.  We opted to cut our time at the library short.  We also did our normal errands, so nothing exciting.  We spend lots of time during the day reading, cooking, and playing.  The favorite stories this week were Green Eggs and Ham, There's a Wocket in my Pocket, and I Can Read with my Eyes Shut.  Notice the Dr. Seuss theme.  We read them several times a day and he would read them more, but I typically insist we have a few hour rest before repeating the stories.  His favorite line to quote is, "Say, I like green eggs and ham."  He always exaggerates with word say and it's really cute.  He also checks his pocket for a wocket.  :)   

Along with the cuteness we had some not so cute moments.  For instance, I usually let him watch while I am cooking and we ended up with lunch on the floor when he grabbed a bowl and dumped it on the floor.  Somebody lost kitchen privileges and wasn't very happy.  We have also seen an increase in the use of a high pitched whine.  He uses it when he needs help or wants something.  We have been working on using words and letting us know what he needs.  We also have had full blown tantrums where all you can do it let them go and ignore them until they get it out of their system. 

Other highlights on a positive note this week include my first book club meeting.  I have technically been in the group for a long time, but due to Tim's schedule I have never been able to attend.  I went and it was a lot of fun to talk with adults...who knew.  A Pinterest win this week was orange scones.  They tasted delicious and healthy.  But, as the baker I know the later is false.  Tim gave them a thumbs up, so it's a keeper. 


We had a relaxing Sunday.  Tim didn't have any meetings this morning, so we drove to church together.  It doesn't happen very often.  Hyrum was back in nursery, so EVERYONE was happy.  Tim also got to spend some quality time with Hyrum doing dude stuff.  I try my hardest, but I just don't have the same enthusiasm as Tim about getting jumped/climbed on, crawling, flipping, chasing, or having a bazillion pound toddler swinging from some part of my body.  I'm just not as fun.  Thank goodness for times when Hyrum can feel some "real" love.


Any who...we just keep chugging along and hope life is treating everyone well.  Until the next week's adventure.

Comments