A week of firsts!

This was a week of firsts for us.  Hyrum and I started off the week by cooking a turkey.  I always seem to have a turkey in the freezer and April is the month that I end up cooking it!  It was the first time that I was solo.  I have cooked a turkey a couple of times, but always with mom.  I am happy to say that it was not under or over done...maybe a little dry in some spots, but not bad for a first attempt.  

We also vacuumed the car.  It was a first for Hyrum...not for me.  I bought an extension cord, so we can reach from our apartment to the car and use our vacuum instead of paying $10 dollars to go and vacuum it somewhere else.  He seemed to have fun, but it got a little long at the end and didn't want to help clean the trunk.  In all mom was happy because for a day the outside and the inside looked great!  

I was kind of a lazy mom this week in regard to doing things with Hyrum.  We didn't end up going to the library or the music class.  I have been more tired this week than usual.  I seem to have weeks where baby just drains my energy.  I am also starting to show.  I still just look like I have gained weight, but the rounding is coming.  Speaking of baby.  This coming week we should find out the gender.  I have the full anatomy on Thursday.  The doctor said he is 95% sure we will know the gender.  I have been teasing Tim by saying we will be part of the 5%.  He just wants to know the gender!  

On Friday, UT had their annual crawfish boil.  Tim and I always go and this year Hyrum was old enough to eat with us.  While we were waiting we got Hyrum some lemonade.  It was his first and he loved it!  This picture is my new favorite.  I call it, "Don't Touch My Lemonade!"  He also tried the crawfish and loved it too!  I figured he would, because he likes shrimp.


Saturday was a relaxing day.  Hyrum and I stayed inside most of the day because it was raining.  The weather turned cold again, so we colored, played games, made graham crackers.  Tim spent much of his day at the medical school working on plans for fourth year and case studies.  It's amazing how quickly the end is coming.  The summer and fall will be very busy for us and the next five years depends on what happens.

Sunday was busy for us.  We had ward conference, so Tim had meetings.  I was also busy with Relief Society mostly trying to collect information from sisters concerning the visiting teaching changes.  I was really surprised at the wide range of concern to total apathy that exists.  Should be interesting as we move forward.

Tim helped with dinner today.  Hyrum took a really short nap, so I wasn't as far in my dinner preparations.  I came around corner and found that Hyrum was really helping dad with the noodles.  He did great, but I was a little nervous because I usually just let him watch, not help.  Tim is a brave soul!


Any who, this will be a busy week for us...but more on that next Sunday!

Comments