All kinds of excitement!


This week we found excitement in a variety of ways.  I'll start off with the most exciting, which is we found out that baby number two is a girl!  I will admit I was hoping for a boy, because it sure would be nice to have someone else Hyrum can climb, jump, and be a general boy with besides me.  I'm just not cut out for that kind of stuff!  Perhaps she will be a tomboy and be a good playmate for Hyrum, or that's just wishful thinking.

Another way was with buttons.  Who knew that a container of buttons was so much fun!  As part of a primary activity, they requested white buttons.  Hyrum and I went through my can of buttons pulling out all the whites.  He grabbed a spoon and started stirring and the rest is history.  He now requests the buttons to play with and I say if it makes you happy...why not!



We also did some bread baking.  Ever since Tim let Hyrum help, I have tried to be a little more brave in letting Hyrum help.  I have moved to letting him dump in the yeast.  I would say that is a pretty big step for me, because I have visions of bowls of food landing on the floor (it's happened before).  He really enjoys being in the kitchen helping.  Whenever I go in the kitchen he grabs his bowl and spoon and heads to the step stool, so he can see and stir.  

Tim had the car in the mornings this week driving to his rotation.  So, Hyrum and I didn't go anywhere exciting except to the grocery store...twice.  The first time we went for ourselves and the second was to purchase food for the Missionary Zone Conference that I will be cooking for this coming week.  I don't have many skills, but I will proudly admit to being a great organizer.  I managed to fit 3 large containers of lettuce, 1 massive bag of carrots, a large container of grape tomatoes, six tubs of sour cream, a bag of onions, 4 hams, 3 large containers of strawberries, six containers of fruit, a five pound bag of cheese and a few things for us to eat.  That doesn't include everything in the freezer and on our table.  If you can't tell I am super proud.  Tim doubted that I would fit it, but where there is a will, there is a way!  Funny side story.  There isn't much room for anything else.  I was trying to decide what to cook so we wouldn't have leftovers to try to fit somewhere.  I brought it up to Tim that I had planned on making pizza and I wasn't sure if I could find a place for it.  Tim went right to the fridge and started looking for a place.  His response, "You said pizza, where there is a will, there is a way!" 

Also exciting is we discovered that Hyrum's 2 year molars are finally coming in.  One for sure has popped and two more are on their way.  He has been grouchy and having difficulty falling asleep again...though not as bad as a month ago.  I will be grateful to have all his teeth in and no more fussiness due to teeth.

Saturday was a just exciting all around.  Our local grocery store had a really good brand of ice cream listed at a great price for Saturday.  Tim went early in the morning and picked up a couple of containers, while Hyrum and I made waffles.  We introduced him to waffles and ice cream, which is a Zimmerman breakfast tradition that I am more than happy to carry on!  Let's just say it was a hit.  He really hasn't had much ice cream, but the way he gobbles it up or gets fixated on it, makes me think there is something in his genetics, because Tim is the same way.  That and they both get really excited about pizza.  

Saturday evening was our ward activity.  They made hamburgers and hot dogs.  We have referred to it as a hotdog party all week, because Hyrum loves the Pigeon books by Mo Willems.  Pigeon loves hotdogs and Hyrum does too.  He was really excited to go to the church and have a hotdog party.  This was probably not the week to have it, as he has started packing away the food for his next growth spurt.  I am always amazed at how much he can put away when he is growing.  Sometimes he eats more than I do.  I just don't know where he put it!


That's about all our excitement for the week.  We will have a busy beginning of the week and then we should calm down after the Zone Conference.

Comments