Hyrum's 2nd Birthday!

 Did you know cockroaches can fly?  Well, they do.  Some way be wondering how I learned this fun fact and I am more than happy to enlighten you.  Tim and I were sitting on the bed and much like slow motion in a movie, I saw a large bug fly into our bedroom.  I watched horrified as it flew across the bedroom to land on a picture.  While this was happening, I mentally registered size, shape, color, and the fact that it had rather long antennas.  I am pretty good with the small ones, but I DON'T do the big ones, especially now I know they fly.  Yuck!  Tim and I will begin drilling on Monday to decrease his reaction time...he was a bit slow.

The beginning of the week was busy as I had lots of food to prepare for the Zone Conference.  I split it between two days, Monday and Tuesday.  Hyrum did great on Monday mixing his time helping and playing by himself, but one day was all I got from him.  Tuesday, he wanted attention I couldn't give so it was a little trickier, especially because I needed to be out the door at 10:30.  All the food was prepared, delivered, and served leaving lots of happy kids.  I say kids, because they are so young!  I realized that I had at least a decade on most of them and some even more.  I also was reminded of how much boys can eat.  Holy cow!  I don't know where they put it.  It's a good thing Tim is going to be a doctor, because if Hyrum eats anything like them our food bill is going to be insane!

Wednesday was my do nothing day.  I was really tired and needed to get organized again and go shopping because we now had room for our food in the fridge.

Thursday I finally came up with a plan for Hyrum's birthday.  Tim was on call this Saturday and will be gone Friday and Saturday next (Hyrum's actual birthday).  The plan became Friday.  We did chicken, bacon, spinach alfredo pizza with lemonade and cupcakes.


Food was a hit.  He didn't really like the candles on his cupcake.  He ended up crying for a second.  I think he was a little concerned that he wasn't going to get his cupcake.  But, all was well.  He also enjoyed his present.  I found a great deal on a play kitchen over a month ago.  The box has been sitting on our closet since then.  He calls it his present instead of his kitchen.  He has spent a lot of time playing cook.

We also took him to a different park Tim found.  It was an exploring park with lots of room to run.  I think he enjoyed it.


 I was really glad we worked it out and that Tim was able to spend so much time with us.  I can't believe Hyrum is two, or will be two next week.  He has changed and developed so much in the past two years.  He is getting better at pretending.  We have started talking about baby sister and how baby sister will use his crib and changing mat.  He has started changing his animals, which is really cute.  Hopefully, when sister comes along it will be a smoothish transition...hopefully.


Tim continues to plug along with his psych rotation.  It is not his favorite, but he does come home with some interesting tidbits of knowledge about what can happen to the mind.  He finished up his poster for the dermatology conference this coming weekend and continues to work on case reports.  He also started turning in applications for away rotations.  So much needs and will happen in the next few months.  It's all exciting!

Here's to another week!

Comments