Of humid days and big boy beds!

 It was another hot one this week.  Pretty sure I will be saying that for the next 18-19 weeks depending on when the weather decides to cool off.

Monday was a big day for us.  We had everything in place for Hyrum to begin sleeping in his big boy bed.  We had been talking about it for a while and we hoped it would be a smooth transition.  Monday at nap time we talked about at night he would be in his bed and no more crib.  Well, bedtime didn't go so smoothly and after 15 minutes of him screaming we gave up and put him in his crib, a little disheartening.  We decided to only do the BBB (big boy bed)  at night, but on a whim I tried nap time on Tuesday.  I was thinking that if there is one thing Hyrum gets from me, it's his love of order and things in a routine.  Change is hard and it's just best to rip off the band-aid and do it.  So I hurried out of the room and left him to scream for about 10 minutes and then he started to calm down and within the next 15 minutes he was asleep.

Of course when he woke up we did the whole praising up a storm and after that each BBB experience got a little easier, until we made it to Friday with no tears sleeping like a champ.  He stays in his bed until I open the door in the morning or for naps before getting out of bed.  It is rather humorous...it's like it doesn't even cross his mind that he can get out on his own.  Tim calls it the circle of trust.

Tim worked 70 hours this week at the hospital.  I didn't realize until Tim told me that he hadn't seem Hyrum in a couple of days.  Tim leaves and gets back before Hyrum is up.  They got to spend plenty of time today during sacrament meeting (where Tim showcased his superior drawing skills).  Tim also helped in Nursery, so they had even more time.  Let's just say Tim was busy all week with women and babies.  On a very positive note, his schedule for July is set and he can go to Utah for his away rotation!  That is a relief, more so for me than him, because I worry a lot more than he does.

Hyrum and I went to do my glucose test on Thursday morning.  Results came back looking great, so that mean I can eat as much sugar as I want...right.  It was an hour wait, but he did great eating his oatmeal, while I stared hungrily (you have to go in fasting).  We then colored and read some books and then it was time to go home.  I think this experience was a little harder than last time, but then again I have a hard time remembering everything with Hyrum.  I almost immediately started getting a headache and felt very sluggish from all the sugar.  I also just felt gross.  I remembered it being no big deal last time.  Perhaps I am just more aware.  I also discovered that my taste buds are off.  I thought the liquid then gave tasted like 7-Up, but apparently it was orange flavored.  Everyone said it tastes like orange, but I can't taste it at all.

Saturday was really hot, so after nap Hyrum and I went to the pool.  Since we will be up the 100's next week, we will be spending our afternoons in the pool.  Hyrum stayed mostly on the steps and splashed, but at least he went in.  He kept saying, "Hyrum, get baptized."  I had to chuckle, he says the funniest things.


Tim starts his week of nights this coming week.  There is no good way to do it, except just to survive.  He has a full week where he just does all nights 6 pm-6 am.  Yuck!  We will get through this and then the rest of the rotation will be cake!  Well, it will at least seem much better compared to working nights.

Comments