Where to begin...

I suppose the best place to start is at the beginning of the week, but if you would like to start at the end that is fine as well...that's where the funny stuff happened!

Tim started off his first week on OB.  They don't seem very organized, because he doesn't know when he is supposed to show up from day to day.  Sometimes he goes to bed without knowing what time they want him there.  He says it is for a good reason, but I don't get it.  This is his last rotation, so he has lost some steam.  Things aren't as exciting as they were almost a year ago.  He and his classmates are focusing on applications and preparing for interviews...as they should be.

We had a little friend come over and play on Monday while her mom and dad finished up moving.  Hyrum did well with her and was really excited for a friend to come and play.  

Tuesday was an errand day for us.  We needed to take care of car tags since Tim will hopefully be doing an away rotation in less than a month in Utah (his school still hasn't responded about his conflicting schedule).  We also did several other things before we ended up at the library for story time.  We haven't been for a month since Tim has had the car, so it was fun to go back and end joy fun activities.  Along with tags, Tim discovered that his license expires on his birthday.  It's a good thing we needed to put his license number on the Uhaul application otherwise he wouldn't have realized it.  We had to go to the DMV and what should have be an hour and half, including traffic, turned into 3 and half hours.  Oh Houston!  We came home and ate a quick dinner and then had brownies and ice cream for my birthday.  Hyrum was really cute as he sang.  He gets into it!  We also snapped this picture, because one utensil just isn't enough sometimes.


Wednesday was a slower day.  Hyrum and I were at home all day.  I snagged the car when Tim got home to go shopping really fast.  It's amazing how much quicker things go when you don't have to worry about tantrums and slow walkers.

Thursday was another more normal day of the routine.  We spent a lot of time outside, which is becoming more difficult for me and less than ideal for Hyrum.  Even in the mornings it is hot and humid.  I try not to stay out for more than an hour before we come in to cool off.  Hyrum is beat red and drenched in sweat, and I am as well.  

Thursday night I was texting with a friend and found out that she was going back in for round number three in the hospital for mastitis.  Her baby is only a month old.  Her husband is a medical student and couldn't watch their daughter in the morning.  He dropped her off bright and early and I was able to watch her.  It hasn't been that long since Hyrum was a baby, but I forgot just how little they are!  Hyrum didn't know what to do with her.  He sat by her for a few seconds and then went and did his own thing.  He didn't seem to mind too much when I was holding her, so perhaps there is hope for us when baby 2 comes in September.

After she left we did laundry.  We discovered that Hyrum can lock the deadbolt.  The only problem was I was on the other side of the door without shoes, keys, or a phone when we found out his new skill.  After a few minutes of trying to explain turning the lock I gave up and swung by our neighbors to see if they would stand by the door while I went to the office to get a key.

Walking on hot cement without shoes is no fun and I got some funny looks from people.  Rightly so, I can imagine what they were thinking as they saw a barefoot, pregnant, sweating lady walking/jogging across the complex. Maintenance came and saved the day and I no longer go outside for even a brief moment without my keys.

Saturday was peach of a day.  We won't go too much into details, because it still makes me a little frosty.  It included not one, but two trips to the man store (a.k.a Lowes) and another next week to return items because of hardware that won't fit on a dresser.  Hyrum also developed a runny nose, which always makes for less than ideal days...not his fault.  But, the increase number of tantrums and and tantrums that don't make any sense, like crying because you want your sandwich and when you are given your food you say no and cry even harder when it's taken away, makes for frustration all around.  The bright side is we got to spend some time on the mowers at Lowes.  Hyrum really enjoyed sitting on and driving them.  He called them tractors at first, so I corrected him and said that we would find tractors at a John Deer store.  Since then he as been talking about and asking to go to a John Deer store.  It is rather cute.


Today was busy.  I had the pleasure of attending ward council, because everyone else was out of town.  Hyrum and I got up early to go to church.  Tim took him so I could attend.  Hyrum found a mallet in the clerks office, and started singing "I've been Working on the Railroad."  Very cute.  He also started singing "Give Said the Little Stream" during sacrament meeting.  It's really hard to be mad at your kid for singing church songs.  I also helped out in nursery, because everyone was out of town.  We ended the day with me conducting in Relief Society.  Tim was great and took care of Hyrum so I could do all of the above mentioned.  I am glad that next week everyone should be back in town and I don't have to be up before six. 

That's it for us!  Hope you had a great week!

Comments