Big helper!

Life happened this week...there wasn't much to it.  We made discoveries along the way, some good and others not so good.  Let's just start.  

On Sunday we made homemade ice cream and invited some friends over from the ward.  He ice cream melted really fast, but it sure was tasty.  Hyrum enjoyed watching the ice cream maker work and poking the ice.  We also discovered the last two molars are coming in...it's about time!!  I am grateful the teething phase for him is almost at an end.  We won't have to worry about teeth for at least six months!  The little things that brings one joy.

As Hyrum gets older, he is more of a challenge.  We have found that he enjoys doing adult things and it helps him to behave.  One of those is the silverware, which he decided that he needed to put away this week.  Several times he was able to put them all away.  My thinking...this could be a VERY good thing.  

The library has started their Summer program.  We attended a play about a Mexican princess.  It was a little advanced for him, but he did well for the first 20 minutes.  I have also signed him up to do Summer reading, which is a piece of cake.  For his age group you just have to read daily and after so many days you receive a free book.  He was able to choose his first book for his personal library.   It warms my heart.

Somewhere in here Tim discovered that one of the places he wants to apply for an away rotation has delayed their applications.  It makes it difficult for him to make decisions about other places to accept.  He also decided that he needed to get parts of his application ready before leaving for Utah, so he spent a lot of time working to complete everything in preparation.  He has two weeks left on his OB rotation.  For the last two weeks he will be strictly labor and delivery, which is long hours.  I guess you can do anything for two weeks right!?

Somewhere is here I made it to the third trimester.  It's probably in my head, but it has been hotter, more difficult to breathe, and just plan uncomfortable.  As I type this, I think it really is in my head, because how much can things change in a couple of days.  But seriously, she spends her days head down and pushing up on my lungs and I can't breathe!  I babysat on Friday for a family in the ward.  Their normal daycare fell through, so we had some friends to play with for a few hours. 

Our family fun of the week was going to Cold Stone.  We didn't tell Hyrum where we were going and it was fun to walk into the store and see him realize what we were getting.  I think we are almost to the point where Hyrum needs his own.  We usually share with him, and poor Tim was having to shovel it in fast to get any, because Hyrum is serious about his ice cream.  I took this picture because I thought their seriousness about eating was funny.  Then I realized they were coming after my ice cream next, so I put down the phone and started eating.


That's about all from our week.  We will begin to prepare for our big Utah adventure this coming week.  I never realized how much we needed to do before leaving.  I guess a month is a long time to be gone.  Until then.

Comments