Texas weather!

We have hit some pretty high temperatures this week.  We are to the point in the Summer that you need to be out before the sun comes up in order to feel slightly cool.  The humidity is a constant.  You know it's bad when Hyrum prefers to stay inside.  Hurricane season is also upon us.  Hopefully, we don't have a repeat of last year, but you never know.  It is slightly concerning since there is a baby due, but I am trying to know think about it.  

Speaking of baby, we have officially hit the third trimester.  It is crazy to think we have 11 weeks until we move from a family of three to a family of four.  A friend went through their daughter's clothes and gave us a couple of bags of girl clothes, so we are set for the first several months.  I feel much more relaxed about preparing for this one.  With Hyrum, I was making lists of what I needed and constantly looking for deals.  Now when people ask if I am ready I just say, "Worse comes to worse, she can wear Hyrum's clothes."  Don't get me wrong, I am preparing.  I have cleaned clothes for the first two sizes and the crib has been adjusted for a newborn.  I guess to sum up the last paragraph, I am much more chill about this one than Hyrum.  Remember that commercial where with baby number one the mom was telling the niece to sanitize to the elbow and by baby three she is handing the baby to a mechanic covered in grease so she can pay...it's kind of like that.

Tim is finally on his last week of OB.  I don't remember the exact number, but he was in the 70's for hours worked this week.  He didn't see Hyrum for a couple of days, which is always hard on both of them.  He will have a three days in the hospital and then his exam will be on Thursday.  He will be a fourth year this coming week!

Hyrum was Hyrum.  He continues to be crazy and a challenge.  The last of his molars are in, so he has been sleeping much better.  He falls asleep much faster and seems to be a little happier.  But, he is still two and trying to assert himself, so there are plenty of tantrums and negotiations.  He has started asking for the other parent when one is trying to make him do something he doesn't want to do.  Sometimes it is almost easier to work with him when there is only one parent in the room.  My new favorite words are delivering and normally.  I don't shy away from words, so when he asks where dad is I say he is helping moms deliver or have babies.  He started using the word in context of babies and dirt deliveries with his dump truck.  Normally is really funny to hear him use.  He will give it just the right inflection that it makes him sound like a really smart adult.  

Another thing that was funny/not funny this week was dealing with his sleeping habits.  I am not sure how it got started, because he HATED to be covered as a baby, but somewhere around a year he switched to covering his face.  When we try to take the blanket off he gives an angry face and covers up again and if we try to put the blanket beside him he gets very angry.  Unfortunately, it makes for being really hot.  You will notice a wet spot on his pillow...that's not slobber.  


He did get a new toy this week from a friend.  Her kids had outgrown it and he has enjoyed moving the beads from one side to the other.  I am continually surprised at what will entertain him


I think that is about all from us this week.  We will have a busy week getting ready to leave for Utah and finishing up fourth year.

Comments