Final Countdown!

We are officially on the final countdown.  I have made it to term (37 weeks), so any time the baby decides to come should be smooth sailing...well as smooth sailing as having a baby can be.  I started the first of my once a week appointments.  I have had a lot more ligament pain and braxton hicks with baby two than I ever did with Hyrum.  I was curious to see if I had made any progress...just wishful thinking.  I haven't made any progress.  I was a little disappointed because I really don't want to be induced again (it wasn't a pleasant experience), and not making any progress was disheartening.  Here's hoping for the next appointment.

Hyrum was his usual crazy self.  He is officially in the senior nursery at church.  We came back from Utah and I noticed how much bigger Hyrum was than all the other kids, especially all the new 18 month old children.  Kids changes so fast!  He did well, but wasn't too happy about the fact that they read first then play in the older class.  They are a lot more structured, which is a good thing.  He is just not used to it.  He kept going over to the toys wanting to play.

Hyrum is ever the boy.  We have added daredevil to his list of words to describe our son.  We walked over to the dental school to pick up Tim from studying and he just started climbing on the outside of the railing.  That kid has no fear...I guess my fear makes up for his lack.  He seems to be more into large motor movements running and jumping, climbing, swinging, and any other crazy movement his little mind can come up with.  We also had some success with potty training.  We aren't really pushing anything, because we are so close to a big transition.  I was surprised that he even tried.  He loves to watch the music video from the movie Sing entitled "I'm still Standing."  That has been is reward for using the toilet.  He doesn't get to watch it any other time, so it seems to be enough motivation for him to want to be a big boy.

Tim continues to work on things for his application.  A couple of recommendations have been turned in and he continues to work on case reports to finish those us before he turns in his application.  There are lots of other things he is working on, but I can't keep track of them.  He just keeps plugging along trying to be productive, and not always successful with a lame wife that can't do much lifting and outside play that Hyrum needs.

We did have the opportunity to have the missionaries teach in our home.  It was a fun experience to have the investigator over and to talk about some of her concerns about baptism.  It gave me pause to think about how deciding to be baptized is a really big decision and learning to consistently read the scriptures and attend church is something that I took for granted as a child.  For me, it's no big deal because I have spent years building the habit.  For those investigating, reading scriptures daily and attending church every week is a huge change that requires a lot of dedication that I had years to build and most of it was spent with parents who instilled the habit for me.  It made me really grateful to have had the upbringing that I did and more compassion for those who are struggling.

I think that's all the news from us!  Have a great week!

Comments