Just another week!


It was just another week for us...perhaps busier than usual.  Each day seemed to have a lot more packed into it than we are used to.  We all survived with only minor bumps and scrapes.

Hyrum and I did our normal routine plus going to the library a couple of times.  Tim will be starting an away rotation this next week.  This means we won't have access to the car during the day...so no story time for the next month.  One of the things we picked up at the library was a Flip Kit, which is basically a book and an activity.  I found a kit about trains, which included a small track and train set.  Needless to say it sang to Hyrum's little heart.  He enjoyed reading the story and then building a bridge, tunnel, and city for the train.  Of course the cars and monster trucks needed to join the fun!


This was the last week of tutoring for me and I'm not going to lie...it was a relief to finish.  I felt much like I did at the end of each school year, so, glad to have had the time with the kids, pleased with their progress, but ready for a break!  I was able to put my closet back together and get all of the teaching materials put away.  My poor CDO (chronic desire for organization) brain struggled for a month having boxes out of the place and materials not neatly put away.  Putting everything away was another thing to check off my master list to do before the baby comes.

Speaking of baby...still nothing.  I went to my weekly appointment and still no change.  While there hasn't been a change, I do feel the end of this pregnancy has been very different.  My joints have loosened and the baby has dropped.  Neither of those things happened with Hyrum.  It's not unbearable, just uncomfortable and makes me more ready to be done withe pregnancy portion than I ever was with Hyrum.  Below is the official 39 week pregnancy picture.


Tim has been working really hard to get applications and research finished.  There are so many little things that need to be done in the next month.  He is mostly trying to work ahead because he know that baby 2 will be here within the next two weeks and he is starting another away rotation.  This rotation is in Galveston.  He will be commuting each day, which means he will two less hours every day for studying and working on things that need to be done.  It should be another good experience for him, which will lead to another interview.  Speaking of interviews.  He had his first interview.  His school interviews all students rotating through their school and students who are applying to specific fields early.  He said it wasn't any big deal and honestly they have been interviewing him for the past 6 months as he has worked with different faculty.  We hope he has made a strong enough impression.  He spent lots of time outside with Hyrum "fixing" things, playing soccer, and just being outside.  Mom is/has been done with those activities for a few weeks now and poor Hyrum is deprived.  He did develop a cold, which is no bueno.  I'm glad it developed over the weekend so he can rest up and heal, because starting Monday he will be in a new rotation.

This weekend we watched a couple of girls in the mornings.  Hyrum has enjoyed playmates and I have enjoyed not having to be on the floor with Hyrum as much.  In fact, I played with the kids from the couch on Saturday.  The girls are older, so it makes things a lot easier for me.  Hyrum has also picked up some different pretend games and ways to pretend, because he has older kids to watch.  It is always interesting for me to watch their interactions and to see what Hyrum picks up.


Tim stayed home from church today, so I had three kids by myself.  It went a lot better than I expected.  I may be singing a different tune when it is three kids and a newborn.  Any who, hopefully we will have pictures of a new baby next week to share...I'm crossing my fingers...and toes.

Comments