Last Month!

We started off the week with haircuts.  The boys were looking pretty shaggy.  I know it's not that interesting, but we took a picture of Hyrum with the cover.  I'm not sure why we have never used it before...I guess I thought he wouldn't like it.  Well, it made clean-up a snap and he did really well with it on.  It was the best hair cutting session we have had yet!  And he looks darn cute!


Big news...36 weeks!  I can't believe we are down to the last month.  It doesn't seem real that we are pretty much done.  I have really started to feel the discomfort this week.  I am pretty sure she dropped again, which made for another really uncomfortable day as my body adjusted to her new position.  Who knew a fraction of an inch could cause so much pain!  I have started making my list of things to get done before baby and Hyrum and I spent time on Saturday knocking off some of them.  The biggest was reorganizing his closet and creating more space.  As much as I try not to acquire stuff...it just seems to appear.  We also started another Goodwill bag and poor Tim was a good sport in going through the pile I made for him.  Most things for the baby are done, it's just everything else that I'm not going to have time to do or want to do after she comes.  One of the biggest things is figuring out a name.  We still don't have one.  I am crossing my fingers she doesn't come too early because we will be sunk if she comes any earlier!

Hyrum has been working on his tool skills. Obsession is putting it mildly.  He loves to talk about all the things he is going to fix and the tools he will use to do it.  His good buddy Chad brought out some of his tools to add to the collection Tim brought out to play with and he has been talking non-stop.  Again, poor Tim gets home and hears, "Blue hammer.  Hyrum fix bike."  Tim "gets" to go outside in the heat to let Hyrum bang around and fix whatever he has thought of.  This week he built a tree house, fixed his bike, and fixed the chicken coop.  Between his love of big trucks, tools, and fixing, I think we will either have a farmer/rancher or some sort of engineer or construction worker.


He is also in to make up words.  He makes of a word or sound and asks Tim or myself to repeat.  We have starting talking more about what we will do with baby sister and one is how to talk to her.  I am pretty sure that is where it came from, but with Hyrum you never know.  He also acquired a few hand injuries that required extra care and gentleness.  Hyrum had no problem reminding us to be careful!

Tim had the first couple of days off this week before starting his next rotation.  He is doing a dermatology pathology rotation.  He has enjoyed himself, but I am pretty sure he has decided looking at a microscope all day is not what he wants to do.  He continues to work on his personal statement, applications, and case reports.  He is looking forward to the day that he can click the submit button and then be done with everything.

Besides nesting, I also had a ministering interview for my calling, did my normal weekly routines, taught a couple of tutoring sessions, led the council for our Relief Society, made oatmeal bars, and my personal favorite experimented with wheat.   Let's just say the last one was an education!

Any who...that's all from us.  Hope you have a great week and prayers that we will be able to decide on a name would be much appreciated!

Comments