My Little Reader!

Another week down and no baby...or sign of a baby.  I have hit 38 weeks and am ready for the baby to come.  Mostly because it is so hot, but also because I am ready to meet her.  Everything still looks good, and I will go in for another appointment on Thursday.

Hyrum's title this week was definitely little reader!  He has always enjoyed stories, but this week his play involved more reading time with us and by himself.  The picture on the left is of Tim and Hyrum's reading party and the right is just of him playing by himself.  He had his own set of scriptures and all the animals had their set.  His imaginative play has also taken a more mature turn.  He can play now for about 15 minutes by himself just using creativity.  He has started taking care of the stuffed animals, reading to them or feeding them.  As well, he will drive his cars on the couch to move dirt or mow the grass.  All the cars mow, regardless of whether or not they are mowers.  We also had a learning win.  He spelled his name correctly!  I am sure he doesn't connect the letters to his name, but he can verbally spell his name correctly.  Including the "R" which has been left out until now.


Tim is starting is last week of derm pathology.  He will have to do one more week after he completes his Galveston rotation.  He continues to work on getting his application ready to send.  I think he is feeling the pressure to get things done before the baby comes and he has even less time between traveling for his next rotation and a new baby.  He has been very helpful when he gets home in making sure Hyrum gets some run time (I can't keep up with him at all)!  He also helps with baths because it is really difficult for me to get down that low.  This baby has dropped much further than Hyrum ever did.  I have been very grateful for all his help!

I continue to tutor.  This coming week will be my last tutoring with the two that I have.  School will start in one week for them, so they won't need me.  I may do something later if they need more help.  I feel like I have a good connection with one of the moms who knows everybody.  She has been great to pass the word that I tutor kids.  I have stayed busy with my personal "get ready for baby" projects and my calling.  I feel like I have most things organized.  I am sure there is plenty I have forgotten or will wish I had done after the baby comes.

I think that is about all from us, but I may very well be wrong about that.  I seem to have gradually lost my mind in the last few weeks.  Between forgetting and loosing things...you just never know!

Comments