She's finally here!

Lila Ann finally decided to grace us with her presence early Monday morning!  I was set for induction on Monday morning.  I attended a Stake training on Sunday night, because I felt fine.  I woke up at about 12:30 AM to contractions and we were heading into the hospital at 4 AM.  By the time I was in the hospital room and settled, I was at 8.5 centimeters.  Shortly afterwards I was ready to push.  The doctor kept saying she would come fast, but each time I saw him look at the clock I was thinking it might be longer.  When her head came out enough, both he and the nurse said, "Oh," and proceeded to say that she was face up and that is why it was taking so long.  I guess babies should be face down and if she was, she would have been born in a few pushes.  She had the cord wrapped around a shoulder.  In all is was a short labor and delivery...six hours.  A far cry from the 16 with Hyrum!

She was born with a full head of hair.  We sent out the first picture to everyone to say that she was finally here.  What the hat didn't show was the hair!  It is a lovely brown color and so touchable!


This was taken just after her first bath.  Her hair was so poofy!  She was awake for about three hours after she was born then slept for the next twelve.  She is a sleeper!  She spends her days sleeping and is typically awake from 11 PM-3 AM...although she slept from 11-3 last night, so maybe she is getting better, or maybe it is just my wishful thinking.


We have enjoyed her personality...what little we get when she isn't sleeping.  She is either out cold and won't even flinch when we put ice on her (yeah...she would not wake up to eat for anything), the down bother me I am sleeping, or the "I just ate and am very happy to now sleep," look.


 Mom came in on Saturday.  Just enough time to get settled before Lila came.  She was on Hyrum duty and was a champ.  I struggle most days keeping up with him and I am used to running around after him...mom not so much.  She hasn't had a chance to build up her Hyrum stamina, and if she was struggling it didn't show.  They did lots of cooking/baking, playing and being silly, and fixing things with his new tools.  I personally like this last picture the most.  He just looks so cute!


Hyrum doesn't know what to think about Lila.  He isn't overly affectionate or disgruntled about having a sister.  He came to the hospital to visit and when asked if he wanted to hold Lila, he said no.  He did hold her for about 2 seconds when we got home, but other than that he just ignores her.  Tim and I have decided that it's okay as long as he doesn't get jealous.

Hyrum's new thing is to give names.  His stuffed animals each have a name, his toy ducks for bath time,  and tonight the members of the family were given new names.  He loves the Elephant and Piggie book series.  He became Piggie, Tim is Gerald the Elephant, Lila is now Pigeon another character in a different series, and I am Knuffle Bunny.  He really does say and do the silliest things.

Tim has been very busy.  Besides becoming a father of two and all that comes with that, he has been balancing his away rotation to Galveston.  He has just one more week there and then it will be back to the Med Center in Houston.  He has also worked on a poster presentation for a conference in Galveston this coming week.  He spent many hours working a map to show the progression of a skin disorder/thing for the past century.  I don't understand everything, but I do think the map is cool.  He also finished his application and turned it in.  He should start hearing from programs soon.  Some in his class have already heard from programs.  It's exciting to be taking the next step.  He still has part 1 of the Step to take this month and then he will have survived the month.  There have been perks...like this...it makes it all worth it! 

Well, it is late and I am tired and have a late night ahead.  More coming next week!

Comments