The last week...for real!

For real this time...this was the last week of my pregnancy.  I had high hopes of having pictures to show this week, but alas...no baby.  I had my 40.5 week appointment on Thursday in which my doctor said they will induce on Monday.  I really hope I am because there is a wait-list at all Houston hospitals.  I waited almost a week before there was a bed for me to have Hyrum.  Here's hoping!

Monday was a holiday and Tim actually had it off!  We made pancakes for breakfast.  Hyrum as usual wanted to help, so he helped flip the pancakes.  It's a lot harder to do with a two year old.  He was very happy to help, so we were happy!  We also went to a small gathering of members that live in our complex and neighborhood.  We had pulled pork burritos...very delicious.  It had rained for most of the day and Hyrum had a blast getting dirty.

Tim was back on his rotation on Tuesday.  He has two more weeks left in this away rotation.  It will be nice for him to not have the long commute every day.  He continues to enjoy his time, but feels he is very busy and for good reason.  Besides spending at least two hours on the road every day, he is fitting in prep for a derm conference in a couple of weeks, and turning in applications.  I think applications are due in a week.  To top it off there will be a new baby!  Oh, and he is going to take part 1 of Step 2 this month.  I think you get the picture.

I spent the week keeping up with Hyrum and trying to walk as much as possible.  I ran errands in the evening when I had the car and did a few final things in preparation for the baby.  After my doctor's appointment on Thursday and discussing things with him, I called mom and made plans for her to come.  It's nice having her so close, because it's less stressful trying to plan around an event you can't plan.  She made it into Houston Friday late afternoon with very little traffic, which is a miracle.  

Hyrum has enjoyed playing with grandma and I have enjoyed naps without having to keep one eye open to keep Hyrum safe.  She has spent the weekend getting used  to Hyrum's routine and just Hyrum in general.  Hopefully, she is ready for him come Monday...some days I'm not sure I am!

Tim took Hyrum swimming on Saturday and mom and I made tin foil dinners and we ate them at the pool.  Hyrum was happy to be able to eat and then play afterwards.  It was a nice little family activity, a sort of last hurrah before the crazy sets in.  

Church went by quickly.  I got lots of looks and comments about being at church and lots of astonished faces when they found out I was nine days over due.  My thinking was I would have loved to have not been at church, but it just didn't work in my favor.

We will keep everyone posted and send baby pictures and a name...when we decide one!

Comments