Another week down!

It's hard to believe we are already at the end of October.  We started off the week with a little Halloween pumpkin carving.  Hyrum decided that he wanted a happy pumpkin, not a sad pumpkin.  Tim did his best pumpkin smile.  Hyrum is still young and not interested in holidays, so the carving was mostly for me.


Lila continues to have her good and bad days.  Luckily, she is growing at a good rate and she is still darn cute!  Every week she is more awake and alert between naps, so it is fun for me to see her alert and to see Hyrum interact more with her.  He continues to make strides.  This week he played cars with her and wiped her tears.  It is fun to watch him interact.  I try not to stress when he gets close because any interaction with her can be scary!

Hyrum continues to grow and learn.  He has really taken to the alphabet and enjoys Thursday preschool.  He decided set up reading time on our bed which was great because it kept him busy for 30 minutes.  It was my turn to teach preschool this week.  I was a little nervous my as it was my first time.  No teacher dreams, but I was doing prep all week.  Nothing like normal teaching, but every day I would work on another activity.  Since it is almost Halloween we made ghost graham crackers for snack.  The kids enjoyed it, but just wanted to eat the chocolate chips.  It was a success and I think the kids had fun.  I know I did.  It make me miss teaching.  Hyrum also turned 2.5 this week.  It's crazy to think we have kept him alive for that long.  It's a big responsibility to raise little people!

Tim received another derm interview.  We seem to get at least one invite a week.  I am okay with it as long as they keep coming.  He will interview in December in Temple, Texas.  He has a half week out of the clinic and then he will be back in the clinic for a month.  We were looking at his schedule and he will actually be gone interviewing for almost half the month.  He could potentially have more interviews depending on when they come out.  He also has one more week until he takes his last STEP.  He won't have anything to study for in the evenings, which will be a nice break for him.

It was a busy week for me preparing to teach preschool and getting ready for Lila's blessing.  True to form, I am terrible with pictures and we didn't get any of the blessing.  We are going to snap some pictures on a different date of her in her blessing dress.  We had family from both sides attend.  We blessed her in church, which was different than with Hyrum, who we blessed at home.  It was definitely more stressful at church!  She did great even with the hiccups, which normally make her cry.  I also had a presidency meeting, which I was able to stay for most of it before having to leave for Lila. 

I think that is all that happened.  I am excited for next week's Halloween adventure.  We are going to take Hyrum to a few houses and see how it goes!

Comments