Special Dedication

I would like to dedicate this post to Enya!  Without her melodic songs my sanity might not have lasted the week and poor Lila may have lost her voice.  Sounds funny, but through pure luck I discovered that Lila likes Enya and that Enya is an almost instant trick to get her to sleep.  I also discovered that if Enya doesn't work, then she isn't tired and to move on to the next thing.

By now you are probably thinking, "Wow!  What's with the dramatic start?"  Well, we continue to have colic, reflux, and other GI problems, which means flood waters are running high at our place.  It seemed that her medicine stopped working, so we went back to the doctor and found out that Lila is 11 pounds, which is two pounds heavier than her one month appointment...she is almost 6 weeks old.  She had a major growth spurt and the dosage needed to be changed.  Friday morning our angry at the world baby was replaced with a sweet smiling baby.  It also meant that she was replaced with a sleeping baby!  Whoot!

Okay, now the drama is done with...let's get on with the good stuff.  Lila is almost six weeks old, so she is starting to perk up more and engage.  She spent more time on the floor this week kicking and chatting.  Hyrum is also doing better at interacting with her.  He wanted to lay down next to her, so he went and got his blanket and had some chill time with sis.  

AND...drum roll please...he actually asked to hold her!  Granted it was still a two second hold, but he initiated the holding.  It warms my heart to see him kind of like her a little.

While Lila had a good week...Hyrum didn't have such a great week.  I think we are peaking at the terrible 2s...at least I hope.  We had lots of tears on his part and Tim and I seemed to be getting on him all week for one thing or another.  Hyrum is a really good kid, but he has started breaking all the rules that he has never had an issue with and where he simply accepted our asking him to not touch/do something it seemed to trigger a, "Maybe if I do it really fast before they catch me, I can still do it."  He also discovered how to unlock the deadbolt and decided that running out of the apartment without mom or dad is the most fun ever.  We actually lost him for a few minutes this week because he bolted and we couldn't find him.  I am crossing my fingers we start the downhill slide soon and praying that he makes it to three.

I also think his little mind growing again.  He has really started getting into letters and sounds this week.  Poor Tim spent bath time answering Hyrum's questions of what letter different words begin with.  He is really understanding emotions and learning how to interact with peers.  I am surprised at how good he is a social cues and asking people to play with him.  Well, I am not surprised that he is a social butterfly, because he has always been that way.  I guess I am surprised how well he does it for his age.  He has also been learning multiple meanings of words.  For instance, bear the animal and bare feet.  His logic is really funny.  I told him that he could eat a snack outside in his bare feet, in which he responded that he had little boy feet not bear feet.

Tim continues to study during the day.  He received another dermatology invite and will be doing a prelim year interview there as well.  That "there" is located in Tuscon, Arizona.  Hopefully, he continues to get the invites sooner rather than later, but dermatology is just slow!

I am still here and still brushing my teeth before 11, but not putting on real clothes every day.  That goal is a work in progress.  Here's to another week!

Comments