Interviews

Happy Thanksgiving week!

As mentioned last week, it was a big week for Tim.  He took the STEP on Monday.  It was harder than he thought, and he is hoping his score didn't drop too much.  But, it is done and we are happy.  The evening after his exam he went to a dinner for those interviewing at Baylor.  It is customary for programs to have a relaxed dinner the night before the interview, so those interviewing can ask questions in an informal setting.  The following day he interviewed at Baylor and he thought it went well.  He had one day in the clinic and then he left for Arizona.  He did both a prelim and derm interview in Tucson.  Again, he thought it went well, but you never know because 30 people are interviewing for just a couple of spots.  He got back very early in the more morning on Saturday.  He took Saturday off, well, because he could.  He spent most of the day playing with Hyrum, not that Hyrum would let him do anything else except play with him.  

Hyrum continues to wade though his emotions.  Nap time is getting harder and basically whenever something doesn't go his way his emotions flare.  It makes for some frustrating times for the parents.  He continues to learn his letters and sounds.  We started lowercase letters and he has picked up quite a few.  He also continues to search daily for friends to play with just about anywhere we go.  

Lila is doing well.  We haven't had any reflux episodes...knock on wood.  We also continue to have sleep wins.  Like on Friday night.  I set her down beside me on the floor while I was reading with Hyrum before bed and she just fell asleep all by herself.  That wasn't the case on Saturday, but I count the fact that she did it by herself as a win.  

She has started making more sounds and continues to enjoy kicking and looking at the light and fans.  She continues to work on getting rid of her congestion.  It sure makes it hard when kids don't know how to blow their noses.

My week looked much the same as always--dirty diapers, wiping tears and noses, and feeding kids.  I did fit in some quiet time planning for Hyrum.  Because Hyrum is phasing out of naps, I needed a plan to survive.  I am creating quiet time activities for him to do, so I can have a few minutes to get things done.  I always enjoy curriculum planning of any kind.  I still get a kick of searching, planning, and creating educational activities!  I guess once teaching is in your blood, it never leaves.

This coming week will be a short one.  Tim has Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving, so it will be nice to have family time.

Comments

Parental Units said…
I noticed the blanket that Lila is wrapped in. Grandma Bailey made it for you when you were about her age. I watched her crochet the scalloped edge to finish it off.