What a week!

It was another crazy week for us.  The week went by quickly and it was one that I am grateful that it went fast.

Tim finished up his November rotation and now has two months off for interviews.  Unfortunately we had to drop his Temple interview due to a schedule conflict with Iowa.  Iowa is a really good school and he would love to go there, so Temple got canceled.  We also added Galveston and Missouri to his interview list.  That brings his total to 9 interviews!  December and January are big months for sending out invitations, so hopefully there is a couple more for us in there.  He is enjoying his time off, but a little unsure what to do with himself because he has always been so regimented with studying.  I think he will be plenty busy trying to catch up on his calling and doing things that he hasn't been able to do.

This week he was in North Carolina.  He LOVED the program.  The first thing he said when he called to give the update was that everyone was so nice.  He said that people had memorized his name and were very friendly and helpful.  He found out that while the school looks for quality applicants, they are very big on culture.  They look for those "nice" individuals that fit the culture they are trying to build.  He was really pumped to give me a full report.  This coming week he will fly to Iowa.  He served his mission in the area so he is excited to go back even for a short visit.  Iowa is another top rated school that he would love to go it.  Basically, we have some really good options and we are hoping to get into one of them.

Lila continues to grow.  We have had some sleeping issues.  I am thinking there is a sleep regression/growth spurt in there.  Not that I ever really know what is wrong with her...it's kind of just take taking a shot in the dark and hoping I hit close to the target.  Her neck is getting really strong and can hold it stable for a while before she gets tired.  She is also rocking tummy time.  Hyrum never really liked being on his stomach, but Lila is okay with it.  We are also getting very close to a laugh.  We had a few instances this week where she kind of did it.  I am hoping that is figures is out really soon, because I love baby laughter. 


Hyrum was an extra dose of himself this week.  We have added screaming, yelling, and full on tantrums to his list of favorite things.  He gave me a run for my money this week.  He has a lot of big emotions going on and he likes to show it.  We live for our funny moments, like when Tim asked him to get his phone and Hyrum picked it up and said, "Okay Google now."  That is what you say to get the voice assist on our phones.  He also brought out his monster hat, not that we needed it, because we were in the high 70s this week.  We will keep working through the emotions and hopefully we can all manage

As for me, my theme song this week was "I so Glad When Daddy Comes Home."  It wasn't my brightest parenting week, probably the worst, but we live and we learn.  It made me very grateful for all the support that Tim gives.  Parenting is no joke...especially if one of them is two.  

I suppose this will be our humor bit for the week.  I can chuckle now, but going through it wasn't funny.  Not. At. All.  Today was one of those hard Sundays where you just want to hide and hope that no one finds you.  We started off okay with getting out the door on time, but the second Hyrum got out the door he went right for the mud.  We had to go back in the door we had just left on time, to wash off what we could on his church clothes.  We got to church and luckily the Relief Society room wasn't too messy, so that was a fast job.  I always try to feed Lila before church so I can stay in Sacrament meeting if I can, and I also needed to talk with a sister and it was very important that I catch her.  I went to talk with her and I should add that Lila also needed a diaper change.  While talking with the sister, I felt something and realized the diaper had leaked.  I ran to change Lila out of the outfit and realized I also had baby poo all over my church clothes.  To top things off I pulled out the diapers and realized that I only had one diaper for her and a handful of wipes.  It wasn't even nine yet and I was ready to head of the hills.  Second hour wasn't much better as Hyrum decided he didn't want to go to nursery.   He wanted to stay with Tim in the clerks office.  Tim was trying to help someone and Hyrum wasn't being very helpful.  I took him out where he proceeded to have a melt down.  He kicked off his shoes, was on the ground screaming, crying and being "that" kid.  Luckily, there wasn't much judgement coming from those poking their heads out to see who had died.  A nice elderly lady asked if she could take Lila, who had somehow managed to fall asleep despite Hyrum's screaming pretty much in her ear (blessings).  She chuckled and said she remembered those days.  I thought, "Yep...a week or three."  We managed to get him calm and into nursery where he happily stayed for the rest of church because being with friends makes him happy.  So, I am going to count this day as a success because it's five and everyone is alive, I didn't kill anyone, and we made it to tithing settlement.  Go team Zimmerman!

Comments