Here Trover...here boy!

This was a big week for Hyrum.  We have been doing the potty training thing for two weeks and we had two accident free days, minus the nights.  He has started waking up half the week dry, which is a big step for him.  I didn't have to clean carpets at all this week, which is awesome.  I still cleaned up messes in the bathroom, but I can handle messes on hard floors.  Hyrum has also started having salads with me.  Normally he requests "tastes" of my lunch, but he asked if he could have his own salad.  He has struggled with the more crunchy foods, but has taken an interest in them recently.  I'm all for him trying out foods and eating them!

Hyrum also had soccer again this weekend.  The weather was rainy all week, but they decided to try it outside and Hyrum had a blast.  The only hiccup was the fact that there was a large and shiny playground right next to the field that was very distracting.  Tim had to chase him down a couple of times.  I guess the pull was too great for Hyrum to resist. 

And...drum roll...Hyrum has a new pet!  We have jumped from pet sticks to pet insects.  I'm not sure I am ready for breathing pets...it's a lot of responsibility.  Thank goodness we don't have to give it food and water.  I guess I should explain.  Hyrum was taking a bath one evening and an insect, that we have since learned is a crane fly, flew in to join Hyrum.  Hyrum decided that it would be his pet and when Tim asked him what the name was, he said Trover.  So, it's not a misspelling in the title.  It's what Hyrum came up with and where he came up with it...who knows.  Trover has a very large family that seems to be everywhere outside.  Hyrum will frequently point out mom Trover and dad Trover. 

Lila continues to grow like crazy.  Her hair is also coming in nicely.  The second layer is almost long enough to make her hair thick enough for a clip.  She has also discovered her hair and can be found playing with it during calm times when eating or getting ready for sleep.  I like her hair too and can be found running my hands through it just about anytime I have her in my hands.  She is getting more mobile and pulling herself several feet to get a toy.  We have decided that the best word to describer her is determined.  She won't give up until she has what she wants and will wiggle, twist, roll, and pull to get it.  She continues to enjoy baby food.  We tried pears with her and she seemed to like it.  She seems content to eat what I give her and we haven't found anything that she really loves.  I am wondering if she will take to feeding herself with how much she likes to grab and put things in her mouth.  She is also becoming quite the conversationalist.  We have started playing a game where she makes a sound and I repeat the sound.  She has quite the sound bank!

Tim has a few more days left on his Family medicine rotation.  He will have a couple of weeks in March with classes geared towards residency and then will finish March in another rotation.  He was busy this week with visiting those he ministers to.  He is taking advantage of the extra time he has to work with his families.  He is also enjoying evening with the kids when he gets home.

It was another week for me.  I was very happy to not be cleaning carpets (notice the double mention) and to not have an extra load of laundry.  I had a Relief Society meeting that was cut short by Lila who has been waking up a lot this week in the middle of the night or at times that she normally isn't awake.  I also helped to make sides for the Stake Relief Society meeting.  I wasn't able to go, which was sad, but that the way it is sometimes.  I also did some baking this week.  I made bread, cookies twice, and butterfingers.  I have wanted to try to make homemade butterfingers for several years now.  Candy corn is the main ingredient, which I try to get just after Halloween when it is cheap.  I finally remembered to get some this year, just before I went off dairy.  Now that I am on dairy, I decided to try.  They were pretty easy, but didn't turn out the greatest.  Tim tried them and said, "Do you remember the beef curry?  Well,  you will always remember the beef curry as a meal that didn't taste very good and I'll remember the butterfingers."  Oh, well.  You win some, you loose some.

That's it from us...three weeks until Match Day!

Comments