Two weeks in review!

It's been a busy two weeks.  Last week we were on our way back to Houston.  We made it safely and in good time, which is a road trip win in my book!  Before leaving Oklahoma we tried packing in plenty of playtime and hallway hugs.  Hyrum would run from one end of the hall to the other end to give whomever was waiting a big hug.  Hyrum also learned some wilderness survival skills.  It's a little hard to see but he has a bow around in shoulder and he is holding some "arrows."  I'm not sure who enjoyed it more Hyrum....


or dad.  I'll let you decide.


Also, Tim was in Utah most of the week interviewing.  It was another successful interview, but he wasn't sure it was the best fit.  Amazing school, but just not sure it was a good fit.

We hit the ground running back in Houston.  Tim started his family medicine rotation on Monday and Hyrum, Lila, and I tried getting back to a routine.  It's been a little difficult, because Lila was still really little when we left Houston and now...well, now she is not.  Besides getting into a routine, we needed to do some cleaning.  Two months of dust build-up...YUCK!  

As I mentioned, Tim began a family medicine rotation on Monday.  He has enjoyed his time working with the doctor.  The doctor seems to be very dedicated to his specialty and wants to help others along the way.  He is getting home later, because the clinic is further away and he is fighting traffic.  He ended the week with the last two interviews.  Thank goodness!!!  He was traveling to Galveston on Wednesday and Thursday.  After he finished, he went right to the airport to fly to Missouri.  There was a slight delay due to weather, so he missed most of the dinner that evening.  The following day was great.  He enjoyed his time there and was able to get a good sense of the program.  He flew home that evening and crashed.  Saturday was a good day to sleep in, not that anyone sleeps in...ever...at our house.  He was able to spend time playing with Hyrum and Lila, because he didn't have any exams or papers due.  We should see more of him because of this even though he is still doing rotations.

Hyrum enjoyed getting reacquainted with all of his toys.  Two months has done wonders for his growth and development.  He continues to use his imagination and turns random things into something completely different.  For instance, his blanket is a tool belt and he is using pillows as a fence.  He continues to make up songs, love to read, and have tantrums.  I will say we have seem some improvement on the tantrum side.  He seems to be getting a little better and listening and following the rules.  He also enjoyed his first experience with finger paint.  This picture was taken before I turned my back for two seconds to wash off my hands.  I'm not sure how he did it, but I literally turned my back for a couple of seconds and he looked like he had joined a war party.  He had hand prints on chest, streaks on his face, and spots all over.  I didn't get a picture, because he got an early bath that night.


It was a big week for Lila.  She started sleeping in her crib during naps.  I am still nervous to do it at night because she still struggles to go to bed and wakes up a lot earlier than I want to see Hyrum in the morning.  She has started to do what I call the "Lila crawl."  She stretches as far as she can and wiggles her hips to move forward.  If that doesn't get her what she wants she lifts a hip almost to the point of rolling over and swings her legs forward and onto her stomach.  If she still isn't where she wants, she will roll onto her back wiggle and roll over to her stomach to see if she pointed in the right direction.  Hyrum is learning quickly to keep his toys put away, because his are a lot more interesting than hers.  She also had doctor's appointment.  She weighed in at 17 pounds 9 ounces and 27 inches.  Her height in in the 98%.  She's a tall one!  She also made it to five months.  We started baby oatmeal, because she is always hungry and I can't always keep up with the feedings.  The first day wasn't so awesome.  She gave some great sour faces.  As the week progressed she did awesome and slurps down her cereal fast.  Now we just need to figure out the naps.  She takes more 40 minute naps than I care to count.

 I did lots of cleaning and cooking this week.  I taught preschool as well.  It was fun to see the kids again.  Two months does a lot to change a 3 year old.  We did the letter P.  I also started picking up a neighbors son a school.  She doesn't drive, so I pick her son up and preschool.  I survived being alone for the last half of the week, and getting back into the swing of my calling.  In all the last two weeks have gone by quickly.

And did I mention that Tim is done with interviews. :)


Comments