Apartment Shopping!

Housing in Chapel Hill...check!  This week I spent a lot of time researching and looking for an apartment.  We are going to do the one car thing for a while longer, so location was very important in our search.  We were very lucky to find a place within walking distance from church and I can ride/walk to the library.  Tim will need the car most days, so we should be able to be pretty independent on foot! It was a relief to have that set up.  We are still working out the plan for actually moving, but I think we might have it figured out

Preschool is over for Hyrum, so he stayed at home and played all week,except for soccer on Saturday.  Tim said that he handled the ball well and did much better and playing the game than he ever has.  Lila's naps are getting more routine, so we have started going outside to play for a while before each of her naps.  Hyrum enjoys getting out, but is discouraged when "friends" don't show up to play.  He doesn't understand that other people have lives.  I also found a good deal on a kick and play piano mat.  We borrowed one when Hyrum was a baby and he loved it...I guess some things never change.  She did enjoy what time Hyrum gave her.


Lila is getting into things already.  I think her favorites are the shoes and any trash can.  Oh, and any toy Hyrum is playing with.  She continues to be very determined to get places or reach up to grab things that interest her.  I am always surprised at just how far and fast she can reach.  Case and point...she was lightning fast today during the sacrament and managed to grab the water tray.  Poor Tim had to walk around with a big wet spot on his pants.  She is getting really good at falling asleep by herself.  I love it because I am not spending 20+ minutes trying to getting her down.  I also started giving her some food to munch on in the morning.  She has enjoyed making a mess with bananas and avocados.  As well, she is becoming social.  She isn't has smiley has Hyrum, but she isn't afraid to visit other people and chatter at them.  She got passed around in Relief Society today.  It was worth a missed nap.

For your entertainment.  Tim came out after giving Lila a bath with this creation.  I should know by now that my children will come out with ridiculous hair when Tim does bathes. 

Tim's rotation hasn't be very exciting.  There is a whole lot of sitting doing nothing.  He was able to help finalized our apartment, which was nice.  He spent some extra time trying to get clerk stuff done.  I think the both of us are feeling the crunch.  Our time is short and there  is a lot that needs to be done in the two months we have left. 

If finding the apartment was the highlight of my week the low point would probably be the leak we found in Hyrum's closet.  We use it as storage, which is mostly my teaching files and books.  It leaked from the second floor and it made we sick to pull out my ruined, moldy books.  On the bright side, it could have been far worse.  I rearranged everything several months ago and only two boxes were cardboard, so most everything else was safe in a plastic tub.  It was still sad to toss books, but even harder to think about the memories attached to the books.

Any who...Hyrum said three prayers for me to be happy and I made a list of the ruined books that Tim said I could replace one day when we are settled.  I'm going to hold him to it!

Comments