The final countdown!

The links left on the chain!  I've been good about not thinking/worrying about matching, but it still comes up in conversation about every day and any time we meet a fellow classmate who is waiting for the big day.  I'm just ready to enter the next phase of school...the almost done phase.

Besides waiting for the days to pass, we have been trying to stay dry.  It has been a very wet week.  Come to think of it, it has been wet since we got back from Oklahoma.  It's a bummer for Hyrum, because we can get out and play as much.  I do try to take the kids out for a little bit each day even if it is in between storms.

Tim finished up his Family Medicine rotation and now has two weeks of  residency prep classes.  The classes are easy and don't take up much time, so Tim is available to play even more.  It's kind of nice to have things easy before the storm hits with the first year of residency, which we hear is pretty brutal.

Hyrum and Lila continue to do their own things.  Hyrum has become a real chatter box.  Hmmm...I wonder where he gets that from.  He is always talking to himself and using his imagination.  Sometimes I wonder if he realizes that what he is playing and saying is just pretend with the way he carries on.  He is doing well with potty training.  We had just a couple of accidents this last week, but I am still waiting for that magic moment when it clicks and he will use the bathroom without me harping on him.  Lila is a chatter box as well.  Somehow I was blessed with children who talk constantly.  Lila is also getting very quick with pulling herself on the floor.  Her determination gets her places!  Also, I think she may have dropped the middle of the night feeding.  She now wakes up around 10:30 and between 4-5.  There is something magical not waking up between the hours of midnight and four.  

Saturday was a family adventure day.  Hyrum and Tim went to soccer in the morning.  After lunch we hit up a local museum.  It didn't take us long to get through and upon exiting both Tim and I agree that we really aren't "art" people.  We also checked out Trader Joe's to see what it was about.  Neither of us had ever been.  We finished up with ice cream.  Hyrum said it best on leaving, "I don't want to leave my favorite store."


Here's to another week!

Comments