General Conference

As far as weeks go, we had a pretty good one, much better than last week.  Hyrum's sickness is clearing up.  He ended up breaking out in hives on Monday, but that cleared up in a couple of days.  Hyrum has started to read to Lila, which was really cute.  She still likes go after the books, and put them in her mouth, but she will sit for a minute or two without attacking the books.  Hyrum has decided that counting is fun.  He is getting really good at counting correctly.  It's fun to see him show interest in a different area.  Thankfully, Hyrum was much calmer and there were no battles.


Lila's week was probably the most busy.  On Monday her first tooth started coming in.  It was a hard couple of days until it cut through.  Shortly after her tooth cut, she got sick.  Hyrum shared his chest cold with her, so she has been coughing.  She also decided that it would be super fun to learn to crawl on her hands and knees.  She easily gets up and crawl a step or two, but go back to her stomach.  It is really fun to watch her.  I love this time of baby life.  They start learning so many things so fast.  While she hasn't quit mastered crawling, she did master moving from her stomach to a sitting position.  At the end of the week, I went in to get her from a nap and found her sitting in her crib.  She has found moving to a sitting position is most advantageous to getting into things she is not supposed to.  Probably, my most favorite thing was Lila sleeping through the night.  She made it twice this week waking up around 7 am.  It would be sweet if this becomes the new normal.  I could use some extra sleep!  And...I think that is everything from Lila.  I am sure I missed something.  There was just so much!

Tim began his new rotation.  He is on critical care this month.  Definitely more to do than the last rotation.  His current patients have more immediate needs.  The doctor said that it was normal, but Tim was in the line to do CPR I think three times this week.  He was also finished earlier in the day, so he was able to go help do sports physicals with the family medicine doctor he worked with.  He also did paperwork to get his license ready for residency.  He is discovering that licensing consists of a bunch of paperwork and handing out money like it grows on trees.  I am glad I don't have to worry about licensing.

My week was very calm.  I just had a presidency meeting in the evening.  Everything else was business as usual, I very welcome change from last week.  I continue to get rid of things.  It's amazing how much "stuff" we accumulated or just moved around.  I consider myself to be a very organized person who buys what the they need, but man, I have really got rid of a lot!  I continue to pick a neighbor boy from preschool for his mother.  Lila and I did go to a local garage sale.  We picked up some clothes for both kids in the next size and found a booster seat for Hyrum.  He has officially turned his highchair over to Lila to use.

Friday evening we did the annual crawfish boil at UT.  Hyrum still likes it and I still get stuck pulling out the meat and eating when everyone else is done.  Just look at that smile!

We are super pumped for General Conference.  It's very distracting to have kids and listen, so I did a lot of planning ahead to help make it more fun for him.  We made pizza to have a picnic in front of the TV.  We never eat on the carpet, so it was very fun.  We also made fresh lemonade to go with the pizza and chocolate cinnamon rolls to munch on for snack.

I also went to the library to get a ton of books.  We give him a new stack at every session and it works to keep him occupied for at least 30 minutes.  He also has done some coloring and playing with toys.  For the last session we are going to pull out the real tent for him to play with.  Our tactics are becoming less effective, so we are going to try to end with a bang!  

Lila...well...she just needs the TV on.  She is glued to it.  She doesn't get screen time, so it's very entertaining for her


Overall we have really enjoyed conference.  There have been so many wonderful talks that have given us ideas of ways to improve and things to think on.  I am grateful for the words and look forward to making changes in my life.

Comments