Three Years Old!

It was a busy week for the kids.  We didn't do anything special, but both were just on the move.  We can start with Hyrum as much of this week was dedicated to him.  He was very excited about his birthday.  Every day he talked about his friend party or the party he was going to have with his friends.  I had to correct him, because this mama wasn't ready to be planning anything bigger than a family party.  We finally finished up the alphabet.  He was pumped to finish.  I am proud of him and all that he has learned.  I think in the fall I might try to do something more with him.  But, we will see how that go...if it goes.


Every day we made it outside to play.  Thursday he had a friend come over to play.  Her mother and I are doing a swap so we can each get a little time to pack without kids.  Friday he was able to get a little more play time with Tim.  

Speaking of Tim...he spent a lot of time being awake at 5 am, driving on the road and getting home late.  He has really enjoyed critical care, but I think he will be glad to have it finish up this coming week.  He has two more days.  He will start radiology in May and continue to work with the family medicine doctor doing sports physicals.

Saturday we started off with muffins.  Hyrum requested them for breakfast.  He got them on the special red plate.  Tim was able to come home early, so we had lunch together and then took Hyrum to look for a pair of sandals.  He looks like such a big boy in his sandals.  

We came home and opened presents and then he went out to play in his new sandals.  I worked on his birthday dinner.  He requested pizza, cake, and lemonade.  We shared it with the missionaries, so it was a good end for a happy three year old boy.


Lila is on the move again.  She continues to get stronger and faster with crawling.  She has also decided that standing up is fun.  I was giving her a bath earlier this week.  I went to get her towel set out and I turned around to see her hanging over the side of the tub with a big grin shaking her cute little booty.  From then on every day she tried to pull herself up and was successful several times.  She also learned how to wave, and has decided that daytime naps are for chumps.  I actually think a new tooth may be the culprit and like always the tooth is taking its dear sweet time popping out.  Today, Sunday, she wore a clip.  I pinned her hair back because it is finally thick enough to stay in and keep her hair out of her face.

I think that is all from us.  I am sure I am forgetting things, but the above mentioned items are what actually stuck in my brain.

Comments