Another week down!

It's crazy that we are in the month of May.  Any books we get at the library are due after we leave!!  Packing is pretty much at a stop, because we need things.  However, I keep finding thing to get rid of, which is a really good thing.  I feel the trick for me to really get rid of things that we don't need or use is to go through boxes and drawers multiple times.  I know I have gone through some boxes two or three times and I still end up with another bag to donate.

Overall we had a good week.  I was fighting a really bad cold at the beginning of the week.  I think it is what the kids had last week.  If it was, then it makes total sense why they were so ornery.  We also had some hard nights and early mornings with kids, so I was pretty worn down at the end of the week.  Luckily, Tim was able to stay home on Friday and I was able to make up a couple of hours that I lost early Friday morning.  He started his last rotation of medical school.  It's a very easy one where they send you home when you get there.  Tim is trying to use his time wisely to finish up some projects and get all the on boarding done for UNC.  Apparently, there is a lot of it and it is taking forever to finish. 

Both of us are trying to wrap things up with our callings.  I was told today the new secretary will be called next week, so that will be one less thing to worry about.  I haven't heard about Tim's calling.  You would think you would want to get a new secretary called before loosing your current so training can happen, but he may be released when his records are moved.   

Lila continues to get into everything.  This week she discovered the dirt for our indoor house plant.  I can tell when she is making a beeline for it and try to intercept.  We have officially entered the phase of silence being a bad thing.  It's been nice to not have to worry about Hyrum...he can play by himself.  But, Lila tends to be getting into some mischief.  I was able to (a.k.a remembered) to snap some pictures.  The first is of her barrette.  I mentioned last week that we were able to finally put one.  She leaves it alone for the most part and I like not having to sweep hair out of her face all day.  The only way I was able to get the picture was to hold her.  I thought Hyrum was a mover, but she puts him to shame.  The second is just a Lila picture.  She's kind of crazy, but makes up laugh.  Oh, and the second tooth finally, FINALLY, started pushing through.  It's so close to breaking the gum line, so maybe we can have a week of normal sleep and less fussiness before the next round of teeth come in.  



Hyrum continues to push boundaries and demand attention.  It's hard being three and not a baby any more.  He says a lot that he wants to be a baby or that he doesn't want Lila.  Usually, when Lila is fussing or 100% of our attention is not on him.  Go figure!  I know he recently had a growth spurt, within in the last month, but I think he might be growing again.  He put on his church pants and I didn't have to roll them up.  He hates his pants dragging (he just hates pants in general).  He has also been bonking his head on the edge of the counter if he comes around the corner to fast or tight. 

I think he is also having another cognitive growth spurt.  This week he started writing H's.  You can really tell what it is and then yesterday we were coloring on the windows and he drew a picture of himself.  It's kind of hard to see...I should have moved closer.  He drew a circle for his face, arms and legs sticking out of the circle, hair, and a mouth with his tongue sticking out.  I showed it to Tim and he said, "Wow, that's 1,000 times more advanced than anything he has ever done."  I think once we are settled, I am going to start working on tracing activities with him and actually teaching him to write.  Exciting!

That's all from us!

Comments