10 months!

What a week!  We a started off with an additional child.  I babysat a little boy this week.  It was quite the adjustment and didn't go as smooth as I had hoped.  He had some challenges that I was not made aware of before hand.  We did manage to get to the playgroup at the church, which was good to get out.

Tim started working at a clinic near the hospital.  It was a same day clinic.  As a part of residency, he will build a patient pool and become their physician for the duration of residency.  Outgoing residents "hand off" their patients to incoming residents, so he started getting orders for patients.  It got "real" very fast.  It think it is kind of cool that patients will be coming to him.  He's still very...nervous isn't the right word...maybe unsettled by the fact that he is a real doctor (kind of).  He really enjoyed working in the clinic and had some very interesting patients.  For some reason there were extra residents, so he had an extra day off plus the weekend.  I guess this was what they call a golden week.

We didn't do much during the week because I was babysitting.  I did have a little driving adventure.  On Wednesday, I dropped the boy off to his mom so I could go grocery shopping.  I don't know my way around very well, so I took the GPS so I could get in the interstate.  Well, I followed the GPS until it said to get off the road and head on a dirt trail into the woods.  I opted to turn around and find another way.  A 20 minute drive turned into an hour drive, but was quite pleasant due to the fact that there was zero traffic during rush hour.  He didn't need a sitter on Friday, so things were much calmer.  I snapped this funny picture of Hyrum.


He asked if he could put it on to carry around his "stuffies" all so know as stuffed animals.  He really is a hoot sometimes.  Then there are those times when he decides to wake up in the middle of the night and be awake for three hours.  Luckily, we got him to sleep in until 10:30 the next morning.

Miss Lila turned 10 months on Wednesday.  In the last month she has started saying words.  Not consistently, but they sure sound like the real word.  She has expanded her food world by leaps and bounds.  She really doesn't turn any food away and pretty much eats what we eat.  I love not spending money on baby food!  She is also moving and grooving....sometimes quite literally.  She has become more bold in letting go and standing.  I'm not sure she will be walking by 10 and half months like Hyrum.  It is a little surprising because she seems to be doing everything else much earlier than he ever did.  Basically, she is a peach, but impossible to get to hold still to take pictures.

Saturday was our party day, because Tim didn't have to work.  Hyrum had his middle of the night party of Friday night so we had a late start on Saturday.  Tim took Hyrum to the library to get Hyrum's hold.  He was so excited to check out his things.  They then went to the store to get some ice cream.  There was a big sale, buy two get three.  It's been a glorious weekend at the Zimmerman household.  

 We had to wait on naps, but once Lila was awake we went to a local splash pad for some water fun.  Both kids enjoyed themselves.  Hyrum didn't want to go through the water rings, but a darling little boy grabbed his hand and led him through and the rest was history.  Now that same darling little boy grabbed my hand to lead me through, but I politely declined.  He was really cute!

We made it home exhausted and ready for dinner and bed.  Primary went well.  We are still adjusting to the time, but things are going smooth, so it can only get better.  Elder Bednar is doing a fireside for local stakes.  I missed the one in Houston with Elder Holland, so it's my turn to go tonight!  I'm looking forward to the ice cream debrief with Tim afterwards...just don't tell Hyrum!

Comments