Another week in Chapel Hill

It was quite the week for us.  Tim began working out patient in a geriatric unit.  He worked some long hours and didn't have the chance to see the kids much.  Hyrum was able to stay up a little later on one day to see him, but Lila didn't see him until his day off on Thursday.  He will continue for one more week at his current location and then switch to another.  He continues to really enjoy what he is doing, but I frequently hear how overwhelming it can be because he still has much to learn and understand.  But, true to Tim he is still cool as a cucumber!

We had a week of teeth relief, but unfortunately she has started teething again.  It's drool city!  She has also started waking up in the middle of the night screaming again.  We have been able to get her calmed down and comfortable with Tylenol, but I will be so happy when she is done teething.  We discovered that she can do patty cake...with her feet.  She was sitting in her chair while I was cleaning up the kitchen.  I started singing it to her and she lifted up her feet and clapped along.  I tried with her hands, but she just looks at me funny.  I guess it's my own fault having only done it with her feet.  She also learned to say banana as 'nana' and started pulling herself up to stand unsupported.  


Hyrum had another week of tent and zoo adventures.  The weather was much cooler this week, so we managed to get out and walk or play most every day.  Tim took him to a big park to play on his day off.  I guess Hyrum played with a little boy for four hours straight.  I was surprised, but Tim said they entertained themselves and had a blast.  Hyrum's interest in writing letters has increased.  He has been writing H for a while, but this week he wrote other letters like T, V, M, and N.  I have decided that I will do preschool with him in the Fall.  He seems pretty excited about it.  I'm just hoping it won't be a battle of wills and that he will have fun.

I kept the kids alive and my sanity this week, so it was a win.  I feel like I am in a good routine with the kids and am coping well with being a married, single parent.  Tim is gone a lot, but I don't feel like it has been as bad as I have been told.  Perhaps I just had really low expectations.  We also made it through church without Tim.  From here on out he will be hit and miss at church, more miss than hit.  I was able to teach primary with Lila and it wasn't too distracting.  She stays in the carrier the whole time and is a trooper.  I'm not sure what they will do now that we know Tim most likely won't be there...we will have to wait and see.  I was also asked to speak in a couple of weeks.  I was asked previously to speak this week, but declined until a later date due to the fact that it was my first Sunday without Tim.  We don't have anyone who we are super close with yet and the kids know well, so it should be interesting.

I think that is all from us!

Comments