Beating the heat!

It's been hot and humid!  Granted, not as bad as it was in Houston, but we are still staying in to beat the heat.  Tim had an easy week working in the out patient clinic again.  He does seem to get some interesting cases, like drunk people in the middle of the day and strange rashes.  It was a much quieter week at our house.  I wasn't babysitting, so it was just the normal crazy.  I also had the car every day, so we were able to run errands and be out every day.

Lila surprised us all with another tooth!  I saw what looked to be more teeth, but with her track record, I figured they would come in, in about two months.  Well, the tooth came through in record time.  We have yet to see the other side.  She continues to get into everything, pull herself up, and try to walk.  She doesn't seem to be overly motivated like Hyrum, so I don't think she will be walking independently as soon as Hyrum.  She is also chattering.  I keep hearing her repeat words like all done, but I am sure she doesn't know what she is saying.  It is just so fun to see the changes.  She is full of hugs and smiles.  Where ever we go everyone always comments on her smiles and cuteness.  I would have to agree.

Hyrum spent much of his week building his own tent.  Usually, I have to do it all, but he has started creating his own.  He likes to include pillows, which is cute, but also a safety hazard.  

Hyrum has been trying to help more and be more independent.  It's great that he wants to, but sometimes it can be a problem.  He doesn't like it when Lila comes over, and frequently he gets in trouble for pushing or kicking Lila.  Along with his independence has come some pretty big emotions.  He had a meltdown at Walmart because he couldn't sit in the front with Lila.  I was able to get him calmed down and a little later we ran into a grandma that asked if he was a part of the dark side...in reference to his Star Wars shirt.  I chuckled, because sometimes I really wonder.  While we have our intense moments, we also have our funny.  He has been taking forever to use the restroom this last week, so I go in every few minutes to see how it is going.  On one occasion I walked in to see him with his lips around the soap dispenser.  He smiled and than got a disgusted look on his face and started spitting in the sink.  There was a delayed taste that wasn't so pleasant.  I had to leave because I was laughing.  He tried rinsing out his mouth and kept saying that his mouth tasted funny.  Sounds terrible, but sometimes I don't feel bad at all!  Tim asked him the next day and he said that soap didn't taste good.   

I made cinnamon rolls on Monday for a friend in the ward that just had a baby.  As I mentioned earlier we ran errands all week.  Tim will be at different hospitals outside of Chapel Hill, so we won't have the car regularly for a couple of months.  I and thinking about trying to get the kids to the library using the bus, we will see if I am brave enough.

We had a pretty quiet week and hears to another one!

Comments