Survived!

We started off the week by celebrating Independence Day.  Tim was on nights this week so we celebrated on Monday instead of Thursday.  We checked out a book kit from the library about America, had hot dogs and jello, and Hyrum made a flag with Tim.  We tried to teach him a little about why it was such an important day.  It was fun to see him learning and any time he sees the flag he points it out.  "Hey, mom!  He's wearing America shorts."

Monday was Tim's day off, so Tuesday he tried to sleep a little during the day in preparation for flipping his schedule.  He seemed to do well with staying up all night, and by Thursday morning he was able to sleep 6+ hours during the day.  I am always surprised at how he is able to sleep through all the noise...think a disco/big band swing dance party.  Apparently, earplugs work. 

Throughout the week I tried to take the kids out for a couple of hours during the day, so that it was very quiet in the apartment.  Some days I took Hyrum out while Lila slept.  Overall I don't think it was too bad, but I am really grateful that we only have a couple of weeks Intern year.  Next year it is about every six weeks that he will have a week of nights. 

Hyrum continues to learn and be his ornery self.  Some days he is exasperating and some he is an angel.  Mostly he is just too smart for his own good!  He did take a nap once this week, which means he was VERY tired.  He got to play with the iPads at the library.  He has a lot of fun playing number and ABC games.  He also spent several afternoon just looking through books.  I felt a little bad about the number of books we were putting on the "to be shelved" carts.

Lila to growing like crazy!  I was looking at her profile this week and was thinking how big she was looking.  Some days I feel like she changes over night.  She continues to talk up a storm.  This week while we were playing.  I asked her to say bye-bye at the end of the video and it sounded just like bye-bye.  I am pretty sure I have already said it, but I love this phase, so much is happening so fast.  The fourth tooth hasn't come in yet.  It is so close!  I can feel the hard tooth under the gum.  She woke up around 5 am most mornings, which wasn't cool.  I have trouble falling back asleep if I wake up close.  She isn't walking yet but she is getting more bold at letting go. 

I am going to babysit for a couple of weeks.  I am not sure if it will turn into something permanent, but it will be a little extra income.  Tim and I taught in primary.  It was a lot of fun, but very challenging.  I feel like I didn't prepare hardly any material, due to only having 20 minutes to teach.  We were scrambling at the end to get out the door.  There is definitely a learning curve. 

Until next week!

Comments