11 Months!

Lila made it to 11 months!  The first year with her went much faster than Hyrum, perhaps because there were so many things happening for our family at the same time.  I have yet to take a picture of her to mark 11 months, but I will get it done.  She still isn't walking, but this week to half steps several different times.  She's going to get it!  There aren't any new teeth.  Her sleep schedule has changed to extend the time she is awake between naps.  She is also down to one nursing session, which means we are almost done!  She has picked up several signs.  She is getting really good at saying more and milk.  She is also beginning to understand phrases like be right back, let's go outside, and legs up and down.  I personally am grateful for the last one because that is when we change her diaper.  She is ALL OVER THE PLACE!  She has started being a little more still which is really helpful.  She also added water as "wawa" and doll as "do" with a short o sound to her vocabulary.  She still only says dada with any regularity, but it is still exiting to hear to say words.  An elderly gentleman, who used to be a pediatrician, came up to us after church today and said that Lila looks just like a Gerber baby.  People used to say that about Hyrum as well.  I guess between Tim and I our genetics make Gerber babies.

Hyrum is still Hyrum.  He is definitely asserting his independence.  We have had to do a lot of explaining and consequences with him because he chooses not to listen or continues to misbehave after we have asked him to stop.  He's kind of crazy!  But, he is just as much fun as he is crazy.  We have had a lot of creative play this week.  We have had lots of superheros and firemen.  I thought it was so funny to listen to his sound effects.  Maybe it is just a boy thing, but he is really good at making noise to represent heroes flying fast and lots of other things.  He always puts me to the test in creating things like a fireman jacket.   

Tim started working in Raleigh this week.  The drive isn't too bad.  He definitely had worse in Houston.  He has enjoyed this rotation more because the patients are a little less complex.  There is plenty to learn and he still feels like  he is catching up, but I think he is doing great.  With this rotation he has been able to come home a little earlier on a couple of the days.  It was nice to have him home before dinner so we could go out to the park and I always like help with baths!

It was a busy week for me.  On Monday, we walked to the library.  It is about two miles from our house.  We didn't have the car and needed to return some things so we ventured out.  Hyrum did great and pretty much jogged the whole way there.  We stayed for story time and then headed home.  The way home was a lot harder and I spent most of the time pulling him along and then pushing him in the stroller while I carried Lila.  I was sore for several days.  I've also been fitting in time to work on my talk.  It's harder to write when I can only get five to ten minutes at a time.  I tend to loose my train of thought. 

Friday was Tim's day off so I took Hyrum while Lila slept and ran some errands.  Hyrum helped pick out the fabric for Lila's baby blanket that she will get on her birthday.  We went home for lunch and then Tim took Hyrum out to do some more errands.  Hyrum was tired by the end of the day.  I also got my hair cut.  It had been a very long time since someone other than Tim has cut my hair.  Tim was excited to not have to do it.  It isn't one of his most favorite things. 

We started of Sunday morning bright and earlier.  Well, not so bright.  Lila woke up before six and Hyrum followed shortly after.  Neither of them went back to sleep.  Somehow we managed to make it through church.  Lila got a little cranky during primary.  I was grateful I wasn't teaching.

Tim has one more week in Raleigh and then he will have two weeks of out patient, which means he will have regular work hours.  Until next week!

Comments