Busy week!

Our week went by quickly.  Tim was closer and doing shirt work this week.  He worked from noon until 10 pm at night.  It was different having him home in the morning.  The kids enjoyed seeing him and was better than them not seeing him at all, which tends to be the case during the week.  He has enjoyed this last week and feels like he is getting more comfortable with admitting patients.  He had Sunday off, which was awesome.  It had been a month since he has been to church.  It was great for him to take the sacrament and great for me to have an extra pair of hands.

I kept busy this week.  I wanted to finish two blankets.  If finished one, which is queen sized, but not he other.  It came together quickly once I got going and I was proud of it.  I will work on Lila's blanket next week and should finish it.  

I almost finished getting our 72 hour kits together.  We are getting to the height of hurricane season, so I felt like we should get them together.  I cleaned them out before leaving Houston, with the intent for redoing them once we got to Chapel Hill.  I finally got around to doing it.  Walmart failed me on some things like flashlights for the kids...go figure.  I will hopefully find the final things this coming week and we will be set if there is a disaster.  I also finished up the preschool curriculum for Hyrum.  We will start in a week.  I figured we would do it twice a week for an hour our so depending on how much time we need.  This week I am going to get specific activities together in preparation for starting in a week.

The weather was back and forth between sunshine and rain.  We did plenty of playing outside with the kids.  Our apartment complex finally fixed the pool and opened it.  The kids had a blast.  Lila is still our little mermaid.  Hyrum surprised me by getting in and letting me take him in the water.  He practiced kicking and blowing bubbles.  

On those rainy days we managed to enjoy the outside too.  You can't see it well, but it is actually raining.  Hyrum wanted to have a picnic outside and I figured it couldn't hurt.  Our porch is completely covered, so there wasn't really any reason for him to have the umbrella.

 Hyrum is excited to start preschool.  He asks or mentions preschool every day.  I hope he does enjoy it and continues to learn.  I have been working on his writing skills.  He has never been one for fine motor skills or doing anything that requires him to sit and focus.  He would much rather be up and moving.  He is starting to take an interest in writing letters.  He has most of his upper case letters and some of his lower, as well as some sounds.  He is really on the verge of reading...he just doesn't know it.  He continues to build his tents.  Shortly after he builds his tent in the morning he moves to building some machine with his blocks and legos. 

Lila took five steps today.  I have been working with her all week and she has been a trooper.  I wasn't able to get more than a step or two, but this evening she took about five between Tim and I.  It was magical!  Unfortunately, her teeth have been bothering her all week.  Several times she woke up at night screaming.  She has been chewing on everything.  It looks like looks like one set on the top and two on the bottom are forming and will make their appearance when they feel like they have inflict enough pain on Lila.

We had a very enjoyable Sunday together.  We had the normal tantrums and tears, but it was just nice to be together.  It was 75 degrees out so we took advantage and went on a family walk.  Hyrum hurt his neck, so he got the deluxe wagon ride with a pillow and blanket.  We also baked some cookies to munch on.


Tim should have both Saturday and Sunday off next week.  I'm not sure what we will do, but we'll figure out something!

Comments