Noodles and Boxes

Noodles and boxes are what made this week amazing for us...well for the kids.  It takes so little to make them happy!  But, let's get the boring part of the update over before we dive into the kids.  

Tim and I are the boring part...we used to be interesting, but not any more.  *Sigh* Tim had a busy week as usual.  He was pushing 80 hours, which is a no, no.  UNC does a really good job of tracking student hours and a way to monitor them to make sure they aren't working too many and to help if there are any issues that need to be worked out with different rotations.  He didn't get into trouble...they are way to nice here...his attending today talked to him about how many hours he was working.  A lot has to do with the learning curve, so hopefully he will get the hang of things and do better with each passing month.  Friday was his day off, so he took Hyrum to the library and just spent some time together.

I began working on my talk that I will be giving in a couple of weeks.  It's on sanctification...kind of heavy, but it has been interesting so far.  I also planned a primary lesson.  I really enjoy teaching the older kids, more than I thought I would.  Because of the lack of teachers and low numbers of kids, they have combined all the senior primary classes, so I get to teach them all!  It should change up as we get closer to school starting.  I think they are looking for a permanent sub for Tim.  It doesn't look like he will be at church very often for the next year.  I think the big thing for me was exercising.  We have a small gym at our complex that I have started going to.  We have been going several times a week in the afternoon.  Lila goes in the stroller and Hyrum watches some songs on my phone while I get on the elliptical.  It's been nice to get back into it on a regular basis and I am able to do it with the kids.

Lila is growing like a weed!  She will be 11 months this coming week, which is crazy.  Her first year has gone by in a blink compared to Hyrum's.  This week she said mama and I knew she was saying my name.  She has been saying dada forever, but I went in after her nap and she looked at me and said, "Mama!"  I was pretty happy.  She is standing for longer periods of time, but still doesn't seem too interested in walking.  There aren't any new teeth yet, but she has been drooling and sucking on everything.  She also discovered the goodness of spaghetti.  I used macaroni noodles instead of spaghetti.  I'm not sure if there is another word for inhale because what she did was definitely a step up from inhale. Of course it was everywhere, but it is always fun to watch them get messy and love what they eat.   

Lila also got crayons for the first time.  She is always wanting to do what Hyrum does and normally I don't let her color, but I gave in and she had a blast.  She is still trying to figure out how to hold the crayon, but just gets so excited about coloring that makes it all worth the blank page.

Hyrum spent his week playing with boxes.  He started off coloring on them, then moved to sitting in them and then began using them as homes and igloos.  He is very creative with making something out of nothing and as long as he is happy and entertained, I'm good!
He continues to ask questions...lots of questions.  Sometimes it's a little excessive, but he is an inquiring mind and I try to oblige.  He really enjoyed spending time with Tim.  Poor Tim didn't get a break.  He enjoyed going to the gym with me.  Mostly, because he gets to watch a video on my phone, but I also let him get on the elliptical for a bit.  He is very serious about working out.  He also had a play date with a little girl in the ward.  She is a year younger, but they seemed to get along well.  Probably the biggest part of the week was going to get pizza.  We had a coupon for a free pizza and who doesn't like pizza.  Oh...I forgot...the Zimmerman pizza gene is strong in Lila!

That's all from us!

Comments