Rain, rain go away!

I'm taking a brief moment to update the blog because both kids are asleep.  I nodded off for a minute and it was just long enough for this to happen.  

I think this is the first time he has ever fallen asleep while playing.  He must be super tired!  Lila is also taking a late nap, because Sundays are just like that!


Any way, this was Tim's last week in Raleigh.  His residency runs from Monday to Monday, so technically he still has one more day, but we are close enough.  He had a couple of days where he was home for dinner and the rest he gets home just in time to go to bed.  Tim is really looking forward to being back in out patient at UNC.  This means regular Monday to Friday hours and he is just down the street.  He will also be able to go to church.  It's been a month without him.  It hasn't been terrible, but I will be grateful for the times when he is able to go to church. 

Speaking of Sunday...Hey there good lookin'!


His church shirt was much too small and I finally found a white shirt for him.  I have yet to find a tie, but we will get there.  I was also super proud because I caught him smiling AND looking at the camera!  Whoot!

It was harder for Hyrum, because it was raining most of the week.  We didn't get much play time outside, which is always hard.  We did play with some friends at the church on Monday, which was fun.  He is still into tents and requests a pile of blankets every morning to build his tent.  He has also started struggling to pick up toys.  He has started loosing some because he isn't picking them up.  I guess you can say we are going through a relearning phase of taking care of our things.  He is becoming more independent.  He has started requesting to brush his own teeth and hair.  But, like everything else his drama queen personality will come out when he doesn't want to do it and ends up in a pile on the floor bemoaning how he can't do it by himself.  Life is so hard when you are three!

I did remember to take 11 month pictures of Lila.  It's always a challenge and require strategy and persistence.  First we tried the distraction...not a chance.

We went to standing, which was better.

Finally, we landed this one and I called it quits.  I don't know what it is, my kids just don't care for pictures.  Maybe when they are all older than 12 we will be able to snap some nice ones...maybe.

 Lila is a doll.  She is really cute, when she isn't hungry or tired, that's another story.  She is into hugging, which is awesome because Hyrum is not that type of kid.  She also added the kissing sound to her kisses.  I can't remember if I have updated on her words, because she can say doll and bear and will point to them and say the word.  She also understands when I say we are going outside and gets really excited.  We have been working on breaking her of her sucking on her shirts.  She loves sucking on cloth, especially her shirts, so she spends a lot of time without a shirt on.  She is getting better.  When I do catch her pulling her shirt up to start sucking on it, I'll say her name and then she gets a big grin and starts pointing at her shirt like I do when I tell her no.  I think she is also starting to understand no.  Hyrum seemed to pick that up really fast.  Lila just kind of laughs and keeps doing it.  She isn't walking yet, but she is so close!

Besides playing with kids and the daily routine, I have been focusing on my talk.  I finished it up in time to have a couple of days to let it set and make changes.  I gave my talk today and it went well.  Tim wasn't there, so the kids needed someone to sit with them.  I was probably more worried than I should have been because they both did great.  I also should have just kept them together instead of having two different families watch them.  I was the last speaker and the one before me ended sooner than I thought and it took me a minute to get kids settled.  But, everything went well and I didn't pass out, so until next year!  Now that I don't have a talk hanging over my head I am going to get started on two blanket projects.  I am making a blanket for Lila's first birthday and I have had a large blanket I pieced together over a year ago that needs to be finished.  I am determined, so we shall see.

Saturday was Tim's day off.  We didn't have anything huge planned.  Tim and Hyrum went to the library.  After lunch we went to Chik-fil-a and got shakes with a gift card.  We saw they had a lemonade shake and Hyrum loved it.  Tim and I both tried it and surprisingly Tim liked it but I didn't.  Tim is very much and chocolate and peanut butter kind of guy and I am the fruity one.  It was grand fun.


Here's to the next two out patient weeks!

Comments