Laughter along with the craziness!

We had a good week.  Tim's schedule changed and he is back at the local hospital in clinic.  The kids enjoyed having Tim home earlier and I am pretty sure Tim likes it, even though both kids tend to go bonkers.  Just kidding.  He loves having the kids crawl all over him as they play.  I am very excited for Tim this coming week.  He will have a long weekend!  Clinics are closed, so he gets Thursday and Friday off.  Tim also spoke in church today.  What little I was able to hear sounded great.

This week Hyrum found his true calling in life...revivalist preacher.  We have been talking about faith and what it is during his scripture time and any time he chooses to read the Friend.  We started off the week with him creating his own pulpit and singing about how we have to have faith and don't let our faith get away.  It was hilarious, but very loud.  His voice tends to carry.  My favorite Preacher Hyrum quote, "You gotta have faith in your stomach, so it will go allllll over your body."  He continued the week with lots of coloring and drawing.  He has started coloring in the lines really well and his drawings actually look like what he is drawing.  He also developed a cold, so he is sporting a runny nose.  But, that didn't stop his fun.  We had a windy, rainy day this week, so all the leaves fell.  Hyrum made a pile and jumped in!  

Lila had a week of discovery.  She figured out how to open our plastic drawers.  They aren't very easy, but she figured it out.  This led to her learning how to pull and twist.  My war cry this week was, "How did you get that open?!"  She can open mascara, lipstick, deodorant, markers, chap stick, and some how the mouthwash.  She also unloaded Tim's drawers and the nightstand.  Luckily, she isn't tall enough to open doors, because doors are the only thing keeping her out and me sane.  She continues to vocalize her desires and I continue working on translating.  It's a slow process.  She does use some sign which helps.  

She is getting quick!  She is close to having a run and it;s funny to watch her go.  She runs like a girl with her arms tucked in and her little bum shaking.  We are at a pause with teething, so she has been taking two naps at an hour+.  Tim took a turn at Lila's hair and it was a bit of a struggle.  He finally got it up and decided to have some fun.  I snapped a picture, because she didn't really like it.  I think her face looks a little concerned, on the verge of banning dad from touching her hair.

I had a busy week of errands.  We are coming off a month of no car, so errands have piled up.  It was nice to get out of the house and break up the week.  I also started working on some activities for preschool with Hyrum.  I had forgotten how much I enjoy the freshly cut pile of activity pieces ready for lamination.  I will finish those up tomorrow just in time for Thanksgiving.  After Thanksgiving, I am going to start working on some dress up clothes that will be gifts for Christmas.

Next week should be lots of fun and hopefully I remember to take some pictures! 

Comments